What To Do With All The Bent Stuff

CelticWarrior

Just out of curiosity, what do you folks do with all your bent nails, bolts, etc?

I have a bucket starting to fill up and I was thinking of just recycling the steel.

Also, I cannot find the steel chart that was previously posted. I can bend the green nail pretty easily now, but cannot bend the yellow. Any suggestions on what to bend to work up to the yellow?

Thanks,

Buy some 1/4" HRS and cut it into various lengths. Start with 7" and work down to 6", by then the yellow should be yours. Or you can get some 1/4" x 6" grade 2 bolts, they are probably about in the middle of the green and yellow.

I get those large bins of pretzles at the big discount warehouses and fill them. The one with the largest top I use to work my extensors, so I fill that one according to my strength.

I label and date all personal record bends on a board I have hanging in the garage. It's a gold colored bending timeline. I would hightly recommend making one for inspiration. It's also fun to take a trip down bending memory lane from time to time.

I am thinking of buying a super strong magnet capable of carrying

100 lbs and more.

I want to fix that one at the ceiling in my training room and simply throw

all the bent nails onto the growing 'tree'.

100 lbs and more.

definitely the best idea yet!! :D

I label and date all personal record bends on a board I have hanging in the garage.  It's a gold colored bending timeline.  I would hightly recommend making one for inspiration.  It's also fun to take a trip down bending memory lane from time to time.

I recently found my first yellow and blue. I cried :cry:)

I made a windchime out of some bent nails. I think there is a picture of it in my gallery.

I have a 5 Gal. bucket that I've attached a hockey puck to. I screwed an eyebolt into the center of the puck and attached it to the bucket handle with a carabiner.

This is a great way to train hub pinchin' and I use bent nails to add weight. I'll just throw a handful of nails in every few weeks. I don't really train this hard, I just pick it up a couple times/wk for time.

-HH

100 lbs and more.

Yeah, if we don't see you posting for a while should we just assume you bent more than 100 lbs worth of nails and they fell on you? ;)

Hell, yeah! :yikes

But I',m a bit more concerned that if I attach a new nail very very carefully that shortly after that the whole magnet breaks down from the ceiling. :whacked

The strongest magnet I found can hold 190lbs.

Thats not that much since I bought last month nails with a total weight of 66lbs and this month nails with a total of 44lbs.

And no, I haven't bent them all yet. :laugh

Recycle it. Scrap steel being scarce is why steel prices have doubled. Our grip toys are going to get even more expensive. Every little bit helps.

I label and date all personal record bends on a board I have hanging in the garage.  It's a gold colored bending timeline.  I would hightly recommend making one for inspiration.  It's also fun to take a trip down bending memory lane from time to time.

The Milfeld Museum of Bending.

What a cool idea. :cool

Eric your museum wouldn't be complete without a bent crowbar

on display. Keep up the awesome bending and you just may

get there. :rock

Sell it as scrap metal. Steel prices aren't coming down soon.

Thanks Captain Crushalot! I'm still searching for the perfect item that will take a near max effort to bend a little bit using a sort of hand and thigh technique. The one crowbar I found seems impossible.

I have have made a BENT BAR PR BOARD. I like Eric have kept every PR and labeled it with colored tape like Blue for of Blues and so on. On the label I write the dimensions CRS or HRS, Style it was bent with like DU (double underhand) or DO (double overhand) and the number of attemptes the bend was most are 1st attempt and a couple are 2nd attempt. So every time I either bend a certain diameter bar or HRS or CRS in a length shorter than the last PR I just get a push tack and hang the little trophy on the cork board. It is kind of like a Steel Shrine of sorts. :whacked

For a visual check out the picture in my gallery titled

Month Anniversary Bending Board

Hell, they are just small pieces of bent steel. Throw them away as you bend them - as I do! Why keep the junk laying around?

Dave...

I just got a shot loadable kettlebell from Detroit Barbell. I cut up bent nails with the bolt cutters and microload.

-HH