I know this gets asked 100's of times but...

Guest mick01

I’m sure this is a redundant post but I figured I'd give it a shot.

I train in HIT fashion, once every 4 days. I am going to incorporate some grip/forearm/neck work on a different day.

I ordered a wrist roller from PDA (fractional plates)

My question: Along with the roller what recommendations could you guys make to round out a grip workout using basic stuff in an everyday gym, or common objects.

Also any input on volume and frequency of grip work would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mick

Guest Askalas

Try checking the archives for posts about workout routines.  Depending on your goals everyone's training is different.  Try bending nails, plate pinching, plate curling, heavy duty grippers (coc from ironmind.com), wrist curls, and farmer walks.  Also read "The Mastery of Hand Strength" for more workout routines and exercises.  Good luck and have fun ;)

Glad you have found us!!  Welcome to the GripBoard!  :)

I usually ask the following questions when someone wants a grip routine, and is new to grip work (a "newbie" ).

1.  What is your age, bodyweight, height, etc.?

2.  How long have you been working out?

3.  What do you want to accomplish by strengthening

your grip?

4.  What are your short and long term goals?

5.  What is your rountine NOW?  Why do you want

to change it?

6.  Besides the wrist roller from PDA, have you seen any

other grip related equipment and have you used it?

(What were the results? )

The recommendation to go back through some old posts on this forum is a good one - you'll gain lots of knowledge, and pick up on the trend of this board.

Any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Did you know I have a "Grip Hotline"?  It's 24/7, and you can call it TOLL-FREE (no cost to you) at 1-877-571-7486.  Leave your name, number and question - and I'll get back to you with an answer!  Don't forget to leave an e-mail address, if you want me to respond back to you by e-mail.

Again, welcome to the GripBoard!!  :)

Guest kINGPIN

As you said mate, this type of question has been asked before because the board has been here so long and had so many newbies come and go.  The good thing about this is that we have a big archive packed full of info on pretty much all topics related to grip.  use the search engine and try typing these words;

Crush

Pinch

Thick

Wrist

Strapholds

Forearms

......and you should have more then enough to help you with your goals.

Welcome to the board.  :)

First, thank you for the replies! I will be sure to continue to check the archives.

Now to answer some of Sybersnott's questions:

1. Age 34, Bw218, Bf15%

2. Training for 11yrs Started as a BB, then went to PL. For now, just training.

3. I have future plans of competing in armature strongman and highland games. Besides some of the feats I read here are #### impressive! (Is it possible to burst a full beer can? one hand?

4. Not sure yet (grip related)

5. Don’t have a specific routine now. Never given my grip much direct work.

6. I am familiar with other grip tools. PDA's stuff and the COC gripers. Have tried pinch grip in the past, but nothing serious. So my experience is very limited.

Once I have some experience and can form an intelligent question I'll give your hot line a ring! :p

Thanks

Mick