243 pr....243 pr.......8.05

161 pr....................8.21

#2x6 pr #2x2 pr.....7.29

total.......................30.72 points

7)Mike Romo (TealGunner)

140 pr....125 pr.......4.61

119 pr....109 pr.......3.77

80 pr......................4.08

Sx12 pr Sx13 pr......3.16 ("S" stands for Captain of Crush Sport gripper)

total.......................15.62 points

Best Lifts

Deadlift right: Dan Praydis - 295

Deadlift left: Dan Praydis - 280

V-bar right: Chris Rice - 312

V-bar left: Chris Rice - 292

Plate Pinch: David Thornton - 196

Grippers right: Eric Milfeld - #3x2

Gripprs left: Arthur Townsend - #2x31

Though the eighth Grip Bash saw one of the smaller turnouts, the quality of gripping was titanic. Yours truly squeeked by with his second win. Close behind was Chris Rice, moving up a spot from his standings in the last Grip Bash. His mastery of the v-bar was particularly impressive. Newcomer David Thornton is without a weak event, and pinched the highest weight of the contest. Coming in fourth was the defending champion and developer of a new style of bending Reds, Dan Praydis. Dan's one hand deadlift of 295 is stellar. Fifth place saw a much improved Arthur Townsend close the #3 gripper for his very first time. Way to go Arthur! My training buddy and friend Mike Potts set personal records in each and every lift, garnering the sixth spot. Rounding out our fine group of competitors was a guy whose been training grip for only six weeks, Mike Romo. He also nailed personal records across the boards. Thank you all very much for putting it all on the line and doing your part to keep the motivation and inspiration factor high here on the web's best board - The Gripboard!

PS- I've chosen to award second place with his choice of any one item from the Gripboard store. This will be the only award given out this time. Congratulations Chris! Let me know what you'd like, as well as where you'd like it sent.

congrats to all especially eric and chris two guys who train hard good going chris on your v bar lifts what happened to all who were going to do this event ? franky handgripperman meatloaf just to mention a few :yikes all well maybe next time any way i got a lot of work ahead to catch up to you guys for the next event whenever it comes along :whacked

Great numbers guys. I look forward to the next one.

(I realize a have missed a lot of these, but this time I had an excuse.)

-Jedd-

Congrats to all.

Very impressive numbers over all. :bow

congrats to all especially eric and chris two guys who train hard good going chris on your v bar lifts what happened to all who were going to do this event ? franky handgripperman  meatloaf  just to mention a few  :yikes all well maybe next time any way i got a lot of work ahead to catch up to you guys for the next event whenever it comes along  :whacked

Dan,

two comps in a week just didn't work for me. After the swiss comp it couldn't even close my #3 anymore.

Good Contest, a lot of impressive lifts. It was fun doing a few new lifts, I may have to add a little more variety in my training.

Dan Praydis just corrected me about his left hand gripper performance. He actually got his five reps with a #1, and not a #2 as I had posted. I've already corrected his results, but this does not affect the final standings.

Congrats to all!! Eric, nice overall strength - real balanced across the events. Dan, nice one hand DL, that's a bunch of weight. I didn't see a PR after it, what's your best?

Actually, I didn't see PR's after much of anything - scares me to think you guys usually lift even more than that in these events. Saw in the gallery where Dave does 2-45s and the Blob - and 2 hand DL of 191#. It seems theres a big variance in what people 2 hand pinch versus the ability to do 2-45's. My best 2 hand pinch is 190 and I don't seem to be all that close to the 2-45s yet. Anyway, thanks Eric for another good time, I'm drop you a PM about what I'd like along with my address.

Congrats to all!!    Eric, nice overall strength - real balanced across the events.    Dan, nice one hand DL, that's a bunch of weight.  I didn't see a PR after it, what's your best?

Actually, I didn't see PR's after much of anything - scares me to think you guys usually lift even more than that in these events.  Saw in the gallery where Dave does 2-45s and the Blob - and 2 hand DL of 191#.  It seems theres a big variance in what people 2 hand pinch versus the ability to do 2-45's.  My best 2 hand pinch is 190 and I don't seem to be all that close to the 2-45s yet.  Anyway, thanks Eric for another good time, I'm drop you a PM about what I'd like along with my address.

THANKS CHRIS but talk about a lot of weight you are doing real good look out clay he is after your record . i have did a little over 300 a month ago had a family crises and didn't get a chance to train like i wanted to. but there is always next time :D keep up the good work :rock

Thanks for the opportunity to test myself. I am not surprised at my finish, but I am pleased with my numbers. I look forward to getting stronger and making more progress on my grip. Thanks Eric and the rest of the gripboard

I wanted to do this one, but it feel on a week that I had to go home for an extended weekend and I did not have access to the weights and equipment. I should run through the events myself to see where I am at.

Eric, have you closed a #3 with your left before? If not, let's see it! Same goes for you sigmfsk.

Chris, those V-bar numbers were great, go for the 300 left handed!

Dan, your win in the one handed deadlift should have been expected.

Nice pinching David, I've been working on my one handed pinch so much I don't think I realise how much 196 really is anymore, but anything close to 200 is a LOT.

Teal Gunner, a last place in a Gripbash doesn't suprise me when I get them either, (everytime so far). PRs are the goal of the gripbash and you obviously did great.

I think it's interesting to note that one handed deadlifts and V-bar are both supporting grip exercises yet the winner of one was not the winner of the other.

Edited by foggymountainmuscle