Steel Bending Anniversary

GatorGrip

Well Valentine’s Day marks my 1-month anniversary if you will, since I was bitten by the steel bending bug and on the 14 of January 2005 I bent my first piece of steel. It was a length of 5” x 3/16” CRS reportedly the equivalent of an IM Green Nail. I was pleased that I fully surpassed the IM White Nail and successfully bent the IM Green Nail in Double-Overhand style, but the fire inside me grew and I wanted more. So after frequenting every hardware store in town (all 4) on numerous occasions and becoming a regular at the Alaska Steel Company plus after receiving some helpful guidance and encouragement from you guys that make up the Grip Board I immersed myself in this endeavor. As my first month comes to a close and my second month begins I felt I owed it to everyone here to at least let you know what God and those of you that have been so helpful and motivating has empowered me to accomplish. So here is my humble beginning, a log of my progress through PRs in chronological order. Again thanks for everything guys and keep this site growing and thriving because it is rare to see this much comradely among people in a long, long time. No matter who or where they are or what they have achieved that are all seeking the same goals of reaching their full potential yet are still willing to pass on their knowledge and take the time to help the newbie as well as the veteran.

Thanks GatorGrip :D

METAL BENDING PERSONAL RECORD (PR) DATA BANK

DATE MEASUREMENT HR or CR RND or SQ STYLE -Double Overhand DO or Double Underhand DU ATTEMPT 1st or 2nd

14 JAN 05 5" x 3/16” CR RND DO 1st GREEN NAIL

22 JAN 05 5" x 3/16” CR SQ DO 1st

22 JAN 05 4.5" x 3/16” CR SQ DO 1st

23 JAN 05 6" x ¼ " HR RND DO 1st

23 JAN 05 5" x ¼ " HR RND DO 1st

23 JAN 05 6" x ¼ " HR SQ DO 1st

23 JAN 05 5" x ¼ " HR SQ DO 1st

31 JAN 05 7” x ¼” CR RND DU 1st YELLOW NAIL

31 JAN 05 6” x ¼” CR RND DU 1st BLUE NAIL

31 JAN 05 5.5” x ¼” CR RND DU 1st

4 FEB 05 7” x 5/16 ” HR RND DU 1st

4 FEB 05 6” x 5/16 ” HR RND DU 1st

4 FEB 05 5.5” x 5/16 ” HR RND DU 1st

4 FEB 05 5” x 5/16 ” HR RND DU 1st

7 FEB 05 5” x ¼” CR RND DU 1st

13 FEB 05 2 taped 5" x 3/16” CR RND DO 1st

NAILS-Common Zinc Plated

20d - 1/23/05 First Attempt DO

30d - 1/23/05 First Attempt DO

40d - 1/23/05 First Attempt DO

50d – 2/11/05 First Attempt DU

60d – 2/13/05 First Attempt DO - Second Attempt DU

BOLTS

GR 2 6" x ¼ " Threaded First Attempt DO 1/25/05

GR 2 6" x ¼ " Threaded First Attempt Bare Handed 2/12/05 x 2

CHECK PUT THE GALLERY FOR A VISUAL "1 Month Anniversary Bending Board"

Those are awesome accomplishments for your first month! :bow

I started about the same time as you, and I am just about ready to get my first piece of 7" x 1/4" HR steel. (I have done 8") You are far ahead of me.

Keep up the great work!