Awesome Dollar Store Find!

most-muscular

I never thought I would say this, but I really like the dollar store. I found an assorted 6 pack of screwdrivers for $1. They are all bendable too! That's cheaper than buying bolts. :D

The shafts are square and come in two sizes: a little under 3/16" and a little under 1/4". The screwdrivers range in size from a total length of about 6" up to about 10".

I already bent four out of the six that came in the pack. They are obviously not hardened for that price, and feel like regular cold rolled steel with a chrome plating. They are a bit challenging though, because the bend is off center due to the handle, and the crush-down is a little tough. I will take pictures later, and post a link when I have them up. :cool

Nice find, be careful though i've read (and experienced once) a screwdriver breaking part way with some pretty sharp metal shards, especially if you are using 2 wraps instead of one.

I never thought I would say this, but I really like the dollar store.  I found an assorted 6 pack of screwdrivers for $1.  They are all bendable too!  That's cheaper than buying bolts.  :D

The shafts are square and come in two sizes:  a little under 3/16" and a little under 1/4". The screwdrivers range in size from a total length of about 6" up to about 10".

I already bent four out of the six that came in the pack.  They are obviously not hardened for that price, and feel like regular cold rolled steel with a chrome plating.  They are a bit challenging though, because the bend is off center due to the handle, and the crush-down is a little tough.  I will take pictures later, and post a link when I have them up.  :cool

What a bargain! :bow

The dollar store screwdrivers tend to break at the handle because the shaft

doesn't run the full length of the handle. By gripping the base of the handle

were it meets the shaft you can reduce the risk of it breaking.

I broke some Stanley brand screwdrivers and they break very forcefully.

They broke at the shaft and not the handle. One of them broke into 2 pieces.

I agree with the above posts and it is important not to have these to close to

your face because they break suddenly.

The Stanley brand screwdrivers appear to be made of a very strong and

brittle metal that breaks instead of bending.

Good Luck with your bending and bargain hunting. :mosher

I too hit up the dollar store recently. I picked up some crescent wrenches, a 6" and an 8". The 6" looks like it was cast really bad, the handle is kind of 'gritty'. I have a feeling I will be able to bend both, I will try with my bending session most likely tomorrow.

I didn't think of screwdrivers, sounds fun, I will have to pick some up next time I hit a dollar store.. box wrenches would also be fun to bend