Index Finger Strain

VeGripper

Since I've been on a bending frenzy lately and have been progressing well I've been at it every other day, working on more volume and occasionally taking a jump up. I made a valiant attempt at a 5.5" G5 on Saturday, putting a fair kink in it DU then switching to DO to finish it off, but the thing just wouldn't budge even with 5 separate attempts. Since the bar is short and I could only get 2 fingers on it, I cranked down with my middle and index fingers, and now 2 days later they're still pretty sore from it. I suppose I'll have to be more careful about pushing myself over and over to finish something off after I'm already a bit worn out, so hopefully this goes away soon. Anyone else suffer from overworked fingers from repeated work on a bar that just won't budge? Worst of all, I've got a new package of Fat Bastard stock on the way this week and I'll have to restrain myself for a few days until things heal up :cry

Ill for 17 days, now no bending for a bit. Just can't get a break in February...

VeGripper

I strained some knuckles in my left hand after bending some 60d's back when I could only get a few in a workout. This was when I was bending Reverse style. I didn't even know I'd strained my fingers untill I went to pick up another nail.

Took a few months to heal up.

-HH

sorry to hear about your injury but effort likes that makes me stand back and say..."you guys on the gripboard show me the true meaning on intensity"... VE you rock :rock

BigT,

It could be summed up at the "Never give up, never think things though attitude" if nothing else! I should have had the sense to hold off after the first few attempts were failures, especially since I had to lay on the ground for a bit after the 2nd one wore me out so badly I couldn't stand up anymore. Oh well, I'll rest up for a few days, do some levering and plate curls to keep the wrists strong while avoiding bending to let the fingers heal, and hopefully next week will be a whole new run with feeling good. Last thing I want is a long-term injury, but I do recall straining a finger a bit when I first started bending and it did kind of nip at me for around 2 weeks - enough to make me stop bending for a few months before getting back into it again recently. We'll see what happens!

VeGripper