Something Wrong W/ My Hands

B~rad

im a beginner and bought an hg 150 and 200 gripper, i was abled to close the 150 for a couple reps after 3 days of haveing them. i took a break and tryed again on the 5th day to find that i can only close it maybe an inch before haveing a really sharp pain in my hands. they've been like this for about a week now. im wondering if its maybe just my tendons getting stronger or is there something wrong with my hands. this is really bothering me so any help is appreciated. Thanks

im a beginner and bought an hg 150 and 200 gripper, i was abled to close the 150 for a couple reps after 3 days of haveing them. i took a break and tryed again on the 5th day to find that i can only close it maybe an inch before haveing a really sharp pain in my hands. they've been like this for about a week now. im wondering if its maybe just my tendons getting stronger or is there something wrong with my hands. this is really bothering me so any help is appreciated. Thanks

Is the pain kind of in the back of your hands near the pinky/ring finger? I get that pain too... I think I just need to rest more before training. It'd be nice to see if others experience this.

When I squeeze hard on something, the pain twinges, then is even worse as I release... same for you, B~rad?

Is the pain kind of in the back of your hands near the pinky/ring finger? I get that pain too... I think I just need to rest more before training. It'd be nice to see if others experience this.

When I squeeze hard on something, the pain twinges, then is even worse as I release... same for you, B~rad?

yes! thats whats wrong, I tryed the 150 again tonight and it was only an inch before there was really sharp pain on the knuckle side of the hand. its really bothering me because im pretty eager to get my grip strength up,so i can deaadlift more for longer, and also i never realized until i came here how hardcore you guys train for grip and i love it so can you guys give me tips on healing my hands faster?

My pain came about after the first real hard grip training workout I did. I had done a couple of gripper workouts, but this time I did blob, pinch blocks, softball lifts, and grippers, after a deadlift and press workout. The next day and ever since then (a week, now) it's been this sharp pain in the backs of my hands, between the ring finger and pinky knuckles at the base of the fingers, where they meet w/ the palm.

When I squeeze something, right at the peak of the squeeze, it's a real sharp pain... and feels even worse as I release.

Anybody know if this is simply overtraining, and need of rest? Zakath feels that it's just a little inflamation... After resting a few days though, it doesn't seem to be easing up much. Anyone else been experiencing this?

How old are you? Are you a 14 year old beginner or a 70 year old beginner at the grip game? ...

I think if you state your age range within ten years it would help.

Whatever the age, I have felt that contrast baths are fantastic. dip your hands in ice water for a minute then into very hot water for a minute, then repeat about 5 or 6 times... only takes about 15 minutes... :)

Hi mate, when i started grip training about 5 months ago I had the exact same problem I had the trainer and the 1, after 2 days of using them my hands where in such bad pain i thought grip training wasnt for me and was about to give up.

Just rest for about a week until the pain is almost gone then start back again i bet you the pain subsides and you get stronger very quickly, its coz you've probably never put your hands through this amount of stress before and there just getting use to it.

Im now closing in on the Number 2, almost there.

Hope that helps, also try soaking your hands in as hot water as you can handle for say 5 minutes then doing the same with really cold water. works a treat

Warm up well also.

I do some sand grabbing and extensor work, jump rope, and the Dynaflex pro powerball.

I found this out after several workouts of being overeager and just jumping right into it.

Be sure to warm up properly!

And don't overdo it. It may be your workouts are a little intense for a beginner.

Train smart.

You can try icing that specific area too after the contrast baths..that really helped me.

I'm 18 years old.

It's probably a combination of not warming up enough and just not being used to it yet, since I've never had such stress on my hand before... Hopefully with more rest and getting used to it, the pain will stop. :inno