Woo Hoo! Grade 5 Is Down!

VeGripper

Well, it was less than a week ago I was here posting how I was looking for stock to work with between the IM Blue and a 6" Grade 5 bolt, and today after a 4 day layoff from being away on business I managed to fold a pair of the Grade 5s I'd been working on.

Warmed up with a few 1/4" x 7" & 6" pieces, a grade 2 6", then I went in for it. First one went down so easily that I had to double check to make sure it wasn't another G2, only taking around 10 seconds total to a full crush. Rested a few, then went in for a second one to prove to myself it wasn't a fluke. Well, the 2nd one was a royal pain and I had to fight it 4 times to get it going, but even as my wrists were getting tired I had one last go that kinked it enough to get a final crush in on it. After that I was completely exhausted, so I decided that would be enough, so it looks like I made the jump after all. Grade 8, here I come!

One thing to note is I read the fantastic "Unbraced Bending" article today and printed it for reference, and it really did motivate me to nail the new PR. I cannot stress enough the truth behind needing to unload into the bar with everything and put fear behind, as I believe that was the key to killing the G5 today. I had to put behind me the fact it had stopped me cold twice before, and next thing I knew, it bent like I'd been doing them for ages. Thanks to Dave and Greg for the great article - definitely a very valuable tool!

Just had to write since I was really excited about the new PR, and I'll be aiming for that G8 soon!

VeGripper

Good job.

Now go kill a 5.5" G5.

Then the G8 will fall soon.

Great job, Dave and Greg are both additional resources that are priceless for info on bending.

Excellent! Congratulations!

Now that is a real PR - 6" Grade 5 bolt, you know Big V there has got to be something to that whole recovery thing, I laid off a day maybe a day and a half and something I barely warped went down with amazing ease when I tried after that mini break. You know I have heard said for years "You don't gain muscle in the gym" how true but rarely thought of recovery and nutrition are the muscle building part, working out is just the tearing down the fibers part (stressing them) which make them need to grow.

I think I we keep this in mind based on our own individual recovery powers we would probably get to new PRs much faster.

I know the steel calls to you "BEND ME YOU &%$@* WUS" or "BET YOU CAN'T GRIND MY HANDLES BIG BOY" and we just have to try to show it who their daddy is.

Take care and onward and upward. :rock

Congrats, I finally found some G5's, so I'll give it a go on my next bending day "sun" after Dayatona. again Congrat's to the G5

Thanks to everyone for the support - for anyone who missed my other post, I managed to strain my fingers a bit working to get a 5.5" G5 a few days later, but they're pretty well recovered now so this weekend it'll be back to bending as usual. I'm waiting on a load of FB stock to arrive, and when it does, I'll be attacking it like never before. A little more work for a week or two and I'll be giving the 6" G8 a shot, so wish me luck!

VeGripper