How Many Reds Will Fall This Year

kerbjr

I am guessing that 20 reds will fall this year to board members, and at least half will cert with IM...With all of the increased communication re DO, and all of the great people on this board who are willing to share tips and such it will be a big year....Whatcha think...More?.....Less?..either way its going to be an exciting year...Brett

I plan on bending a red this year, old terminator style. I need to work my way through some HRS square 1/4", and hopefully get a chance at some shorter grade 5s and longer grade 8s than what I find in stores, then I'll get some red nails. I'm sure there are many more people closer than me to the red.

Its been about a half a year since I bent seriously in which red caliber bends were goin down, but I have started to get my feet wet again, and when I get some leather wraps, I feel the red will go down again in short time. So theres one. But I feel with the board growing as it has been, I think the number could be well above 20.

I'd say twenty might be about right. But I'll say only 1/3 will certify.

2003 - 5

2004 - 11

2005 - 3 + (6)

I think that most of those who are gonna bend one have already. I predict a low number year followed by a high numbered year............what do ya think? :blink

• 9 months later...

Anybody still counting? Got to be getting close to 20 this year....I gotta get to bending seriously again as a lot of you new guys have caught and surpassed me this year..I can only hope to keep up.....Congrats to all who have achieved this goal..........I think in the near future that the Red will be viewed as the blue nail was 5 yrs ago...Amazing what a difference a year or two makes, I look forward to seeing what some of you will bend in the next few years.........Brett

.......I think in the near future that the Red will be viewed as the blue nail was 5 yrs ago...Amazing what a difference a year or two makes, I look forward to seeing what some of you will bend in the next few years.........Brett

The way the #3 is now viewed? That would mean IM needs a new nail though, if that were to be the case. I nominate Purple as the official color. Not candy ass purple though. Regal purple. Better yet, Black Nail.

Hint nothing, I've already got plans for YOU tomorrow! Hey, where's my "evil devil" emoticon?!!!

Well, it looks like a few more than I predicted will make the Roster this year. Awesome! I believe we the Benders need a new 7" milestone, and I say the Edgin is where it's at - a 5/16 x 7" grade 5 bolt, which Clay was the first to mangle.

I hope to try and cert at the grip gathering at Steve B.'s place. Handgripperman has been helping me a lot and giving me inspiration. I haven't bent the RED as of yet, but I'm 100% sure that I'll bend it before the end of the yr.

I believe we the Benders need a new 7" milestone, and I say the Edgin is where it's at -  a 5/16 x 7" grade 5 bolt, which Clay was the first to mangle.

That's a good one but how about 7"x5/16" square as well?

I plan on bending a red this year, old terminator style.  I need to work my way through some HRS square 1/4", and hopefully get a chance at some shorter grade 5s and longer grade 8s than what I find in stores, then I'll get some red nails.  I'm sure there are many more people closer than me to the red.

i have the same plans this year hopefully certing for the red with the same style, this is my strongest style then there is my do style just below chest level but i can only bend ungalvinized 60ds this way. good luck to all certing this coming year

Dr. Drome, if only you knew of what you speak! :laugh Of course that's not to say that I don't believe the Big Square will one day fall victim to the hands of greater benders than I.

Dr. Drome, if only you knew of what you speak! :laugh Of course that's not to say that I don't believe the Big Square will one day fall victim to the hands of greater benders than I.

I know well enough to know it is one bad mother. But we have a few people bending 5.5" Reds, so it isn't all that far fetched. It won't be me doing it, that is for damn sure.

I agree with kerbjr. I see this year as the one that sees the greatest number of red certs. And that number will only grow in the coming years.

If it doesn't let up soon, we may be in for another rule change...

Edited by Left Side

do you mean 2005 or 2006?

Please notice the original post date..............Feb 2005..........I just dug it up cause all you guys are making me look like a prophet or something........... :D .......Brett

I agree with kerbjr. I see this year as the one that sees the greatest number of red certs. And that number will only grow in the coming years.

I expected a rule change this year, but it didn't happen. So far Ironmind certs are a little behind last years pace. I counted 11 last year and this year 8 with 1 month to go. Are there any that have done it but just not listed yet. I get confused as to who is who with the screen names.

I expected a rule change this year, but it didn't happen.

That would be asinine. I doubt it will happen though. It would probably be something like when you have both hands on the nail, you have to have a full 5" of space on the steel between the hands.

Wasn't it in the middle of last year that the ironmind pad rule was added?

That does make it fair for all, I heard some went back and recerted with the new rule.

I'm just wondering if that is why the pace has slowed down this year.