665.5 Pound Table Top Wrist Curl

capt. crushalot

I would say for bending, practice bending, and for grippers practice with these also. Simple as that.

You have to train specifically to what you require. But if you were just interested in gaining strength all-round with no specific goal/feat then I don't think you could go wrong with these exercises:

1. Deadlift with an ordinary overhand non-hook grip.

2. Normal wrist curls, barbell or dumbell.

3. For gripping, I find grippers too specific, so train by holding onto an olympic bar with an overhand grip and open up your hand and squeeze it shut. Do it for reps.

4. Two Hands Pinch Lift, best to use work gloves so it doesn't tear your skin.

You WILL be stronger after these, but not have the specific strength needed for certain feats. It all depends on what you require from your training.

David

Barbell holds where you open and close your fingers is an underrated exercise. It seems to add size and helped my sweep with the grippers. Great post as usuall David!

Austin

Great suggestions, David. Awesome lift, too!

Anyone know who the gal in the front w/ the 2x4 in her hand is? She's got some thick arms and hands! Makes me feel like a damn sissy. :cry

EDIT: based on the pics, that looks like Ms. Talbot. Boy, she's sure strong! :bow

Edited by ryaneverk2

Austin,

It is an underated exercise, and as I said in the pm make sure you do some low rep work on these as well.

ryaneverk2,

Yes that is Elizabeth Talbot, and yes she has some big forearms, believe me.

David

I would also add thick bar deadlifts and holds in the rack with a double overhand grip for all around grip strength. Good thread.

Austin

Table top wrist curls 665.5 pounds...David your the man :rock I can't even imagine what type of wrist strength that would take :blink