Bending Do

chrlslee1

Hands closer to the end of the bar, so I can get more leverage. I have about 2 fingers on the bar.

You can bend the double overhand 2 ways: by the ends of the nail and when your hands are close enough to touch. Which way do you guys bend???

Of course there are Double Overhand, Double Underhand, Reverse Grip, Terminator style (?).

But I think it is really a matter of personal preference so you can can find and use the way that gives you the most leverage to use your generated force most effectively.

A really good resource for the overhand style is ERIC MILFELD's

E-book "Maximized Bending" with video demonstrations that he has found through trial and error that works the best at least for him but probably most others as well. It covers everything from the wrapping to the proper hand placement as well as the motions from the initial twist to the finished crush down.

Check it out! It really breathed life into this bending concept and action.

Good Luck - Luck is when preparation meets opportunity!

to add to this topic, when going for a certification are you allowed to change up styles mid bend, I usually get a kink started DU then finish with DO, is this acceptable?

No certification specifies that only one style can be used. As long as it is unbraced, in the time limit, and crushed to the minimum length you are golden...

Greg

Where can one find ERIC MILFELD's E-book "Maximized Bending"? Never mind next time I should just look at the top of the page. :trout:whistel

Edited by mpearce