Plate Wrist Curls

JamesG

Im curious what everyones prs are on this lift. Me and my training partner started doing these the last few wks. Heres mine;

25x1

2-10'sx7

10+5x13

What is everyone else doing?

James Getchell

Im curious what everyones prs are on this lift. Me and my training partner started doing these the last few wks. Heres mine;

i was up to 11 reps with a 25 pound steel plate. i find the olympic w 25's are easier. but i havent did it for months, all i did was the gripper and wrist roller. then i was down to five, so i don't know. you have to keep doing it if you want to get better at it. goes for any exercise i guess.

25x1

2-10'sx7

10+5x13

What is everyone else doing?

James Getchell

I'm on:

10kg plates x8 reps and three sets of these.

I love them as they do give me a feeling like no other exercise..

Tries 15kg plate the other day......long way to go :blush

I do find that if you wanna increase your reps you must stick at this exercise for a while..and keep it up!

Digz.

I did a 15kg Elieko bumper a few times and got a 20kg Eleiko bumper but it was ugly

I did a 15kg Elieko bumper a few times and got a 20kg Eleiko bumper but it was ugly

^Impressive...^

I'm doing:

15+ reps w/ 25lb plate

12 reps w/ 25lb palte w/ 2.5lb plate pony clamped to the end

I can hold statically a 35lber ~2-3 secs for about 2-3 sets then it is all negs.

I cycle negs with 35lb plate w/ 2.5lb plate pony clamped to the end

I'll get the 45lb plate sometime...

-Keith

i was using two ten pound plated for wrist curls, and i did them on the kitchen tablew.with my arms resting on the table. very strict curl. they are difficult and put good stress on the finger and wrists. i was thinking about wrist curling three or four tens. i think that would be a good way to work out.

WOW :bow:bow:bow:bow That's only 12lbs from a 45lb plate wrist curl since it was a bumper plate. That's insane :rock

Some impressive numbers guys. I just started them about 3 wks ago and I love them. Im doing 8-10 reps with a 25 pound plate. Progression has been fast and steady and my wrists feel much stronger.

Austin

How often do most of you guys train them? Are they like grippers in that you have had success training them frequently? I have been doing them 2xwk with good results but Im curious what others have tried.

James Getchell