Lgc Xii - Results

Mikael Siversson

Arne never posted the results here so I am doing it for him.

Löddeköpinge Grip Challenge XII

1. Kalle Lane 367.76p

2. Johan Albrektsson 364.59p

3. Mario Sjögren 342.03p

4. Arne Persson 326.18p

5. Magnus Allroth 311.99p

1. Grippers (coeff. 15.53)

(IM #2 rated at 2.05, IM #2 r.a. 2.34, PDA 359ip r.a. 2.69, PDA399ip r.a. 2.81, IM #3 r.a. 3.00, PDA 437 r.a. 3.25, BBE r.a. 3.48)

L/R

1. Johan Albrektsson 3.00/3.25= 6.25 = 97.06p

2. Kalle Lane 2.81/2.81=5.62=87.28p

3. Mario Sjögren 2.34/3.00=5.34=82.93p

3. Arne Persson 2.34/3.00=5.34=82.93p

5. Magnus Allroth 2.05/2.81= 5.15=79.98p

2. Two hand pinch (variable width, although everyone used 60mm) (coeff. 1.099)

1. Johan Albrektsson 88 kg = 96.71p

2. Mario Sjögren 86 kg = 94.51p

3. Kalle Lane 85 kg = 93.42p

4. Arne Persson 69 kg =75.83p

5. Magnus Allroth 68 kg = 74.73p

3. Vertical Bar (coeff. 0.3556)

L/R

1. Johan Albrektsson 150/140 kg= 290 kg = 103.12p

2. Kalle Lane 140/140 kg = 280 kg = 99.56p

3. Mario Sjögren 127.5/140 kg = 267.5 kg = 95.12p

3. Arne Persson 135/132.5 kg = 267.5 kg = 95.12 p

5. Magnus Allroth 102.5/102.5 kg = 205 kg = 72.90p

4. One hand deadlift 2” bar (coeff. 0.5841)

L/R

1. Kalle Lane 92/97 kg = 189 kg = 110.39p

2. Arne Persson 69/77 kg = 146 kg = 85.28p

2. Mario Sjögren 72/74 kg = 146 kg = 85.28p

4. Johan Albrektsson 72/69 kg = 141 kg = 82.36p

5. Magnus Allroth 69/69 kg = 138 kg = 80.61p

5. Bending 8mm HRS

1. Johan Albrektsson 6 1/2” = 88.46p

2. Arne Persson 7” = 82.14p

3. Mario Sjögren 7 1/4” = 79.31p

4. Magnus Allroth 7 1/2” = 76.67p

4. Kalle Lane 7 1/2” = 76.67p

Edited by Mikael Siversson

The nails are the same as those dark ones (HRS) that David Horne sold; where 7'' was rated at 200k. Arne provided a cloth to the competitors so all had to use the same material. It would have been very painful to use the folding technique with this cloth. I think most used the underhand style. The bending results are not very competitive, but then again only Johan practice it. He did 5 1/2'' at LGC XI but could not go all out this time due to injury. Kalle never practice bending.

Mikael,

Do you know what Joakim Palmquist is doing? Last I heard he closed a #4 gripper. Is he not competing in grip? Does he have any interest in a #4 certification?

Thanks,

Mike M.

Mikael, 

Do you know what Joakim Palmquist is doing? Last I heard he closed a #4 gripper. Is he not competing in grip? Does he have any interest in a #4 certification?

Thanks,

Mike M.

Joakim was only watching this competion. Joakim has never closed any CoC#4. Maybe you are meaning Benny Wennberg?

Congrats to all, well done :rock

Thank you, Arne. I was indeed thinking of Benny. Was Benny also watching the Comp?

Mike M.

No he wasn't! He will be competing next time in May! I spoke with him on telephone right after this competition. I think he will be very hard to beat on this years European Grip Championship.

Congrats to all competitors! Keep up the good work! :rock

Congrats to all competitors.

Impressive vbar and pinch results.

Kalles OHL lifts are just insane.

Interesting that Johan could win 4 out of 5 events and was only second overall due the 2" OHL.

Any reasons why the OHL lift of the europeans was replaced by a 2" deadlift?

Especially since here the hand size comes into play.

At the europeans Johan beat Kalle with 490 to 470kg in the OHL.

Interesting that Johan could win 4 out of 5 events and was only second overall due the 2" OHL.

Yes, how come?

//Jim

Good question. The standard one hand lift would not have been replaced if I had still been organising the LGC. With a 2'' bar, competitors with large hands will be able to pin the tip of a finger or two with the tip of the thumb. This results in a substantial advantage which really have little to do with the strength of the hand. Nonetheless, Kalle has great open hand strength.

My best guess is that we will see the 1'' handle lift back again in the next LGC competition.

Yes, how come?

//Jim

Good question. The standard one hand lift would not have been replaced if I had still been organising the LGC. With a 2'' bar, competitors with large hands will be able to pin the tip of a finger or two with the tip of the thumb. This results in a substantial advantage which really have little to do with the strength of the hand. Nonetheless, Kalle has great open hand strength.

My best guess is that we will see the 1'' handle lift back again in the next LGC competition.

Yes, how come?

//Jim

LGCXIII (1st or 2nd week in May) will have the same events as in EM. Grippers, Two Handed Pinch, V-bar, One hand lift 1" Handle And Bending.

Yes, how come?

//Jim

LGCXIII (1st or 2nd week in May) will have the same events as in EM. Grippers, Two Handed Pinch, V-bar, One hand lift 1" Handle And Bending.

Arne, will the pinch implement be absolutely the same as in the EM?

And are the LGC challenges restricted to swedes?

haha, Franky wants to do them all!! cool.

:blush

And are the LGC challenges restricted to swedes?

No, they are basically open contests but you would have to be strong enough to justify your participation if the maximum number of competitors (has been 10 in the past) allowed are competing. This is usually not a problem unless you are very weak. :D

I am very weak. Luckily I won't be requesting to compete with the strength freaks! Huge numbers guys. Very impressive all in one day performances. Much respect.