My First Demonstration

GarytheDino

Well the rumors have been flying around at work since I have been at my current job. I figured a demonstration was due. I wanted to wait until I got better at some things, so what I did was just enough to entertian my co workers and still leave something to the imagination.

I bent an easy bolt and tore a phone book. They were more impressed with the phone book. I think it has a better appeal due to the fact that there is nothing else involved such as wraps. i doubt setting a gripper will be impressive to them either.

I think my next stunt will be to break an easy wrench and tear a deck of cards. I'm guessing the cards will go over best. Of course I'll up the intensity each time if need be but think they are more impressed with an effortless stunt than a straining all out on something more difficult...........and there is always the chance of missing it too on something more difficult. As long as no one can out do me I'll keep it at the effortless stunts level. I think the dyno would be a good one also.

I'm out of commision for a while though. I about blew out my tricep yesterday doing extensions. I was on the last set and felt a twinge just like I always get........it happens all the time at one place or another. I didn't think much of it and was warmup really well..........the next rep which was the last on the last set I felt and heard a rip.............like tearing a cloth or rag. I had trouble bending and extending my arm the rest of the day. I iced it all night. I had severe pain. Today it is better but sore as crap and swollen around the elbow.

I have had a clicking and a little pain in my elbows since I started grip but I don't think I can blame it on that entirely. I hope to be back in action in a week or two. It doesn't seem to serious. I have full range of motion today and little pain. I'm really surprised.

good show for the guys, I did the phone book thing at work the other day and eyes popped out of heads......hopefully you'll recover quickly.

The demonstrations at work has happened to me as well. The rumors started flying too which pretty much started it.

I bent some nails at the bar after work after some encouragement by my coworkers, and the bartender got a kick outta it and hung the nails over the bar. After tearing some decks the bartender offered me a shot if I tore his "How to be a bartender book" in half. Needless to say I got a free drink. :D

Now, every once in a while buddies will bring the biggest phone book they can find to work to see if I can rip it. I haven't been stumped yet. The only problem is it's usually my rest day so if messes with my recovery. :cry:)

Be careful Gary, or you'll turn you buddies into monsters making you do stuff every day! :help

I hope your arm heals up quick. Do whatever it takes to heal up.

-HH

I did some grippers and blob tonight. I also did some wrist curls. It seems ok for that. I had to hold back on grippers a little. Benching, tearing cards and bending are definately out of the question for now. It's swollen up pretty good. The pain is not bad though.

I cleaned the 42.5 blob for the first time tonight. That is good news! ..........with the good arm..no blobs with the bad one.

Edited by GarytheDino

The swelling went down in the elbow and now I have a black and yellow bruise that measures 9 inches by 2 inches on the inside of my arm centered at the elbow. It's really sore right on the tip of the inside bone, what ever that's called. If I grip really hard I feel it. I have begun to bend under hand that doesn't seem to bother it much. I played around with a few decks of cards and close pinch doesn't bother it much either. But the continued motion of twisting I think does. That may have contributed to it in the first place. I would say I'm about 90 percent on grippers and 50% on triceps strength........I mean that's all the pressure I can put on it before common sence says to stop.

I took one of those cheap wrenches to work and bent it to 90 degrees then straitened it back out and it broke. They liked that but still think the phone book is the best one. I asked if they would believe I think it's easier. They insist the phone book is a better stunt. I said what if I learned to roll up a frying pan like a burrito. They thought that would be great so maybe I'll start on it. I told them that I can bend up to a G8 but they don't know bolts and it didn't seem to impress them any more than a G2 or cheap wrench. I really want to get better with the cards so I can show that one........the more I practice it the worse I get at it.

I wonder how long the tricep and elbow will take to heal? I did a little light pushdown yesterday to get a little blood flowing but that felt like a real bad idea, I mean REAL bad idea, so I stopped. It could be srewed up worse than I though a few days ago. Maybe I should just enjoy the time off, it hasn't been a week yet.

I really want to get better with the cards so I can show that one........the more I practice it the worse I get at it.

I've found cards tear up my hands alot worse than anything I've done before. I'm the same, I have to have long breaks from tearing them.