What Is A "table No Set"?

JacktheGripper

I have heard this terminology used a few times but I don't know what it means exactly. I know what a no set close is but I'm not sure what a TNS is.

I tried to search for it but "no" and "set" are too short of words to search for and searching for "table" I didn't find what I was looking for.

Thanks for your patience on this newbie question. :bow

-Jack

basically means: set your gripper on a table, then pick it up with your gripping hand and close it with no assistance from the other hand.

basically means: set your gripper on a table, then pick it up with your gripping hand and close it with no assistance from the other hand.

Does that mean it's the same as a regular no-set, except that you can't use your other hand to position it in your palm?

Does that mean it's the same as a regular no-set, except that you can't use your other hand to position it in your palm?

Yes. The table aspect of it is arbitrary. It could be a chair for that matter, as long as you don't assist with the other hand.

It's what BenCrush has done to a #3.......... :blink

You're too kind Darco. :D It was an easy #3. My name shouldn't even be whispered in the same sentence as the guys who have closed average or hard #3s with no set. Someday maybe... :inno

Ben your selling yourself short. Fantastic feat regardless of the #3 used. If it was "easy" to no set an easy #3 we would see more people doing it. Congrats again!

Austin

Thank you so much Austin. As I said in my PM to you, I've taken a lot of inspiration from you. Small hands and still no setting HUGE grippers! :bow