70d Common Nail

foggymountainmuscle

Well I did a seach, and apparently the search refuses to recognize entries under 4 characters and I refuse to sort through every bending topic with the word nail in it. So I searched the internet, finding only polebarn 70d (which even I could probably do and have it snap in my face) and nail guns that can handle 70d, but no place to buy them. I was curious, has anyone here know where you can buy these? I've never seen them in a hardware store, it's hard enough to find 60d commons. Secondly, where do they rate in terms of difficulty? I'm suprised we don't discuss this nail more often because the red nail is the based on the 70d nail.

Edited by foggymountainmuscle

Nor have I found these in my local hardware stores. But some of the guys from the board have sent me some, and I found some of them to be as hard as a Red, others easier.

My memory is hazier than the air at a Snoop Dogg concert, but I seem to remember Mike P showing me a 70d and saying that Austin Slater got it for him.

Are there any markings on the nails that shows the grade?

I have a number of nails here with 9 notches cut into them, and on each nail the 7th notch significantly deeper than the others. Just wondering if this means anything...

Jeff, how hard are they?

the 70d was a bit harder to bend than the 7"x5/16" g2 hex-heads i have...probably like bending one of these bolts at 6.5" x 5/16"...for a guy bending reds all the time and an occasional 5/16" g5's, they shouldn't be extraordinarily tough...just sort of a good training nail.

i'm sorry i can't really give a better calibration, but it's the toughest thing i've bent, so the best evaluation i can make is "d*mn that thing was hard" (considerably harder than any 6"x1/4" g8 i've bent)

-jeff

For being high your memory is quite good Clay. :) That was at AOBS and you are correct. I have only kinked it to about 15º or so double underhand, haven't really tried to fold it. Tough booger. I believe Austin said he still has some and he might trade for them?