No In-betweeners...

ironorr

How many of you guys have reached your goal gripper without using any between grippers? For example, how many of you guys have gone from a #2 to a #3 OR a #3 to a #4 without using the BB grippers in between?

I went from #2 to #3 without any tweener grippers. I did have a HH shake though. I would definetly buy a BBSM and/or an ISG if I had to do it all over again.

I made the jump from T to #1 from #1 to #2 with just my CoC, but now I am working up to the #3 using a combination of #1 plus the Ivanko, and increasing the resistance with the Ivanko in small increments every two weeks.

I closed the #1 on my first try, and within 3-4 weeks of getting my first gripper I got to #2, but only with my right hand. Im really close with my left hand though. Im ordering the BB to get to #3 because it'll be a while before i start repping the #2, unlike the #1 which I was repping after the first week.

I can’t imagine not having inbetween grippers to help reach gripper goal. I can easily close the 3 but even now the 4 in a lofty goal

quite a lot of strength can be gained on a gripper after you can close it. inverted closes, 3 finger, 2 finger, and 1 finger closes using different fingers, overcrushes, etc

i've only used IM #1, #2, and #3, and I can close the #3.

Me too :upsidedwn

Got to add that I ONLY used regular parallel closes, only thing that I varied was reps.

I just stuck to the basics *thumb up*

But now I've started with a few more thechniques.

For the guys who did not use inbetween grippers, did you by chance file or cut your grippers?

For the guys who did not use inbetween grippers, did you by chance file or cut your grippers?

Yes, when working to close the #3 I used a filed #2.

//Jim

I used only a filed #2 that was already a very tough gripper prior to filing.

I can’t imagine not having inbetween grippers to help reach gripper goal.

I had to use a "bridge gripper" to close the gap between the #2 and the #3, that being the BBM - it helped me a lot. :)

When I went from the 2 to the 3 I had no inbetweens or filed grippers or anything for that matter. Just a 1,2 and 3.

I came close to jumping from the 2 to the 3, but the BBSM and BBGM helped me get that last little bit. This was after several months of frustration with that last little bit though.

Edited by underdawg