My First 5.5" X 1/4" Grade 5

John Beatty

Did it yesterday on the way home from unloading the Snowman equipment. While driving, no less.

Way to go! Bending while driving?

Yes, hitting PR's in both bending & idiocy simultaneously. Not the first time I've bent in the car, though.

Yes, hitting PR's in both bending & idiocy simultaneously.  Not the first time I've bent in the car, though.

Congratulations, John!

Your idiocy has nothing on mine, though. I've been so hard up for for a hit of folded steel that I've bent while at the wheel of my gasoline tanker.

Good job, John.

Now get that G8 down, finally.

Good Work John, If you can hit that thing driving, then the grade 8 is pretty much a done deal..Not to mention the fact that you gotta be fried from all the snowman stuff........Brett

Congratulations, John!

Your idiocy has nothing on mine, though. I've been so hard up for for a hit of folded steel that I've bent while at the wheel of my gasoline tanker.

WOW! Ok, you win..... :bow

How does that work if you want to certify? You just take your word for it? What if you can't be trusted??

Good bending. I think doing grip work while behind the wheel may be a safer alternative for road rage.

Certafication by the local Highway Patrolman?

Climber511 good idea.

John, if the officer certifies you, just make sure you only

leave when he/she tells you. Otherwise you could be

charged with a ----BEND AND RUN. :D

Eric, for everyones safety please only bend in your

gasoline tanker when it is stopped. I noticed earlier

you didn't mention if it was parked or moving. :blink

Remember to practice safe bending.

How does that work if you want to certify?  You just take your word for it?  What if you can't be trusted??

grip work while behind the wheel may be a safer alternative for road rage.

I've got a pretty good deal, but a lengthy approval process. I have to approve myself as a judge, i.e. prove myself as a judge to myself as the main judge approval guy, then do a bend under conditions while closely monitoring myself to make sure I don't cheat. So far I've been a clean bender, but my judge is a real pain on the details - he only let me use the IM pads (there's no stinking rule against leather) -he said that was all he had in the truck & wouldn't let me finish the crushdown until I finished turning a corner, said it was too difficult to turn with my knees while crushing.

I'm going to try a grade 8 after deads on Fri.

The grade 8 is a helluva milestone, John. Go get 'er!

Quote: Eric, for everyones safety please only bend in your

gasoline tanker when it is stopped. I noticed earlier

you didn't mention if it was parked or moving.

Crushalot, I refuse to elaborate on this issue on the grounds it may incriminate me. You never know. My boss could develop a keen interest in bending, join the Gripboard, and discover the seedy truth about me.

Crushalot, I refuse to elaborate on this issue on the grounds it may incriminate me.  You never know.  My boss could develop a keen interest in bending, join the Gripboard, and discover the seedy truth about me.

Translation? He was driving! :whistel

Congratulations, John!

WOW! Ok, you win..... :bow

If you drive while bending would you get charged with a DWI- (D ouble under handing W hile In- transit or a DUI- D ouble U nder handing I n-motion ). Well if you do get pulled over and arrested please fight the urge to test your strength on those cuffs. Growing up with a Florida Highway Patrolman I know that they only get issued one pair and boy would he get mad, he might even draw his pistol on you. Then you would be hypnotized by the shiny steel barrel, you would be drawn like a moth to a flame to bend that thing . Then his night stick would follow, tire tool, jack, possibly his shotgun, I mean you could end up going on a bender and ravage the whole city like Godzilla in China town. Knowing you though you would rip the silver lining right out of that cloud and when thrown in jail while others were trading cigarettes and swapping lawyers business cards you would be over there in the corner drooling and intensely focusing on how to bend those cell bars Brookfield style. Who knows you may lose your license but gain a new certification signed by a real judge. Who knows what this could lead to.

You could even start a new extreme NASCAR Steel Bending Series or make guest appearances on CSI, Law and Order, or NYPD Blue. If you ripped your cards right you could get featured on the ultimate in criminal cinema COPS filmed in Fort Worth, TX.

I would just like to say I am ready and willing to be your manager and I will work for nails and bolts.

Lastly, I think it is high time we had a CERTIFIED BASTARD on the front of the Wheaties Box: Steel the Breakfast of Champions! or Grippers they ain't just for breakfast anymore.

GRIP MASTERS UNITE: They can't win were stronger & crazier than they are! :cool

Excellent! Only your 5th post and already top quality! You'll do quite well here GatorGrip :D

Edited by John Beatty