Pvc Blob

anson

I just made one of these out of 6" PVC end caps. I filled it with ziplocked lead, it's not very heavy. Has anyone experienced any real carryover strength to lifting yorks/blocks? I'm going to have fun draging this one around when I'm on the move.

I built one of these the other day as well. It weighs like 4 lbs unfilled.

I will probably drill a hole in it and fill it with small lead shot or BBs or something and add a little sand to fill in the airgaps between them, then cap the hole. If I need more weight I will drape weights over the top ala Bender.

Edit-

If you want a little more weight you can take the center piece and honey comb it with a big bore drill bit to give you a little bit more internal volume.

I also hand sanded mine with 180 grit sandpaper and painted it with ceramic header paint.

devilmanVISA

Edited by devilmanVISA

Because of surface texture, I'd say you could lift less weight in your PVC blob compared to a given iron block.

i have lifted the blob and would also think your would be harder to do, but it sounds like a great idea to build strength, i will have to try to make one to see how much harder it is

Yeah you guys are right, the straight PVC is really slippery, hence the sanding and painting. Its still curing though so I don't know for sure how good its going to turn out. If its still too slick I will hit it with a light spray of automotive undercoating to add a little more texture.

devilmanVISA

how much does yours weigh? and is that the weight completely filled?

It's not heavy, only 9lbs! And very slick, but this was the idea- I want to be about to carry this thing to work in a bag or something.