Anybody Bend A Tv Remote Control?

timster

I wouldn't do it unless it was an old remote, but I thought I would love to grab an old unused one for the Superbowl and and snap it in half, although I can barely bend a 1/4 x 6 hex bolt. :online

Go Philly! :D

I wouldn't do it unless it was an old remote, but  I thought I would love to grab an old unused one for the Superbowl and and snap it in half, although I can barely bend a 1/4 x 6 hex bolt.  :online

Go Philly!  :D

bending strenght doesn't factor in with remote breaking...its just overall strength...i broke my cable remote a couple years ago....when i started bending last june, i could bend a 1/4" bar.

I attempted to actully fold my old remote... it started making a bunch of crackling sounds and snaps in the plastic then i stoped. IT STILL WORKS TO!

I wouldn't do it unless it was an old remote, but  I thought I would love to grab an old unused one for the Superbowl and and snap it in half, although I can barely bend a 1/4 x 6 hex bolt.  :online

Go Philly!  :D

I have snapped my old remote in half. It actually wasn't an old remote but the TV broke so what could I do? Took me a while to do it though, as I'm not a very strong bender.

Where is the respect for remote controls...Did you ever think about the fact that if there weren't remote controls everybody would probably be ten pounds lighter??? Unless you sit on your tv ofcourse :)

Did it with an old phone.

Yes, I did it with a remote. I was playing around and it snapped. I had to go out right away and buy a new one, since there was no way in hell that I would change a channel by walking up to the TV and push the buttons.. :blink

Did it with an old phone.

I've done it with other peoples phones. One thing that really p*sses me off is people that chat loudly on their phones in the cinema (movie theatre!), so I've started breaking their phones if the won't hang up when they're told to, I must've done it half a dozen times now, I've even started varying technique! I use both the standard DO fold, and also a twisting motion which shears the phone-you get a lot more debris with that one. One day I'm going to get into trouble for it, but they don't complain to ME much! :)