Homemade Grip Machine

Martin

Hi All

Since I am new to the board (I did introduce myself in the appropriate place)

I thought I would show off the grip machine I made to help with my training.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?act=mod...cmd=si&img=1696

I hope I didn't screw up the hyperlink here

Martin that is cool.

Does it work well to improve your grip power?

Martin that is cool.

Does it work well to improve your grip power?

Yeah, it is. PDA has had it out for awhile now. :blink

Bill, you seem to be insinuating that Martin did something wrong. He stated he couldn't get one while in So. Africa... :unsure

Maybe I'm misreading your last comment, I apologize if that's the case.

Chris

Bill, you seem to be insinuating that Martin did something wrong. He stated he couldn't get one while in So. Africa...  :unsure

Chris

Guys

I'm really sorry if I did do something wrong here, that was not my intention. I really don't want to start off on the wrong footing.

I freely admit to it being a copy of the PDA. I checked the dates, we made it in Oct 1993. I remember searching the web for a grip machine. I was at the time training with a barbell, held between parallel vertical bars and supported in sandbags. When I found the PDA I was really impressed and immediately wanted one, however since I was in SA there was no way as I have said before.

If I could have gotten the PDA in SA, I would have bought it no question.

Cost was also an issue, the SA currency wasn't exactly strong at the time. I got the steel free from the junk pile and we did the labour. The only thing I had to pay for was the hammerite paint and the plastic bungs on the end of the square tubing.

Imitation is the best form of flattery I guess. I have no intention of making machines for other people or selling them.

If there is a doubt here that I actually made this or simply posted a pic of a PDA. I can post a pic of the machine before it was painted and some scale removed. I'm sure PDA doesn't use scrap steel :)

Anyway if I have done anything wrong I will remove it no question and again I am very sorry.

You didnt do anything wrong and there are differences between your machine and pda's. I would of done the same thing if I was in your shoes. Nice work by the way!

Austin

Bill, you seem to be insinuating that Martin did something wrong. He stated he couldn't get one while in So. Africa...  :unsure

Chris

He said he "he designed it" in the comment of the picture and then someone acts like its something new. It's not. That's all. :)

I'm sorry about that, english is not my first language. I guess it should have said made it from PDA's pictures. Sorry about that. :blush I edited the pics comment today.

Martin

Edited by Martin

• 2 weeks later...

That is a nice looking machine. I live in the U.S. and if I decided I wanted one of those I would just build it as well. Provided you are not mass producing or making a profit I don't see a problem with being self sufficent.

Again that is a very professional looking machine.

Hi All

Since I am new to the board (I did introduce myself in the appropriate place)

I thought I would show off the grip machine I made to help with my training.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?act=mod...cmd=si&img=1696

:bow I hope I didn't screw up the hyperlink here

I'm very impressed Martin, it looks like a great machine.

Catman