Orginal Inch Video?

tobi

http://www.sandowplus.co.uk/Videos/videos.htm

I found this link today on dragondoor.com.

There are a lot of feats of strongman.

There is also a video of Thomas Inch with the following text under it:

Thomas Inch demonstrates the

famous Inch Dumbbell - but is it the real one? (2431KB)

Do you think this is orginal?

(If this was posted before, sorry. I have found no other Topic like this )

Edited by tobi

It seems that the DB has "lids"on the ends; was the original fillable? And I must say that Inch`s forearms look really thin in this movie. Although he is a very big man overall.

But those are great movies!Check out Miss Marshall posing in some old contest :whistel ,now that`s a fitness chick!

But I think the best one is the first Inch movie where he lifts ms. Resista,who makes herself heavier after each lift!By willpower! :laugh ,check out Inch`s face when he`s trying to lift her but can`t in the last lift :D:laugh:tongue ! ROTGLOL!!!!!! That shows what a charade those oldtime exhibitions were; I don`t know how many of them you can take seriously?

The clip:

Hercules up-to-date

Warren Lincoln Travis gives demonstration (1,978KB)

Shows a 1400 page phone book being ripped in half.

good find tobi i enjoyed the videos i would of never found them :blush

Eli,

You're right. The Inch video is pure rubbish! Saw it a few years ago and wrote about it in Iron Grip.

David

The best video was henry cleaning and pressing the Inch, one hell of an upright row :rock

Hey, that guy Warren Lincoln-somebody stole my phonebook ripping technique! He must have read my article and then traveled back in time to make that film. Scamster!

We may never know.

Joe Roark's articles on Inch cast doubt on just about everything that comes out of Inch's mouth.

Like grandad used to say, "If he told me I was alive, I'd check my pulse just to be sure."

Mark Henry and the Inch DB - just unreal power! :bow That video falls in the same category as the Inch farmerswalk of Joel and Ryans Inch clean and press! (Not to forget the unreal pinch videos of Wade!

All I can say: :bow:bow

It would be fascinating to me to know what the response of British lifters was to this video at the time of its release!

Inch introduced the 172 to a British audience in London in 1907, so it was seen in public for about a quarter of a century before this film was shot.

Those lifters who knew what the real bell looked like must have been stunned to see this film!

Just think: If Saxon had been in this film (according to Inch) he would have failed as miserably as the two other conspirators shown in the farce.

Disgraceful.

Mark Henry and the Inch DB - just unreal power! :bow  That video falls in the same category as the Inch farmerswalk of Joel and Ryans Inch clean and press! (Not to forget the unreal pinch videos of Wade!

All I can say: :bow  :bow

Yeah, it was taken from Cyberpump and this site. Without permission I might add.

Anybody watch the Otto Arco video? :ohmy

Make sure you get past the muscle control stuff to the hand balancing. Very impressive stuff that surely can't be faked.

The Inch stuff is simply unbelievable. It's even poorly faked - especially the "Miss Resista" video. Compare the strained effort of Mark Henry to that of Inch, with Henry being probably half Inch's age. Also, when the bells hit the ground, they sound heavy, but don't seem to sound as heavy as stated. And the way he knee-cleans and presses the second bell (especially the press) makes it look lighter than stated.

Jason

The Inch-Resista video looks like old school pr0n.

The Inch-Resista video looks like old school pr0n.

Yeah, what was that cheesy facial expression Inch gave at the end of the video?

His "O" face maybe? :blink

And all along we thought he was trying to lift her ...

That stuff really makes me doubt any history regarding Inch. I kind of wish I hadn't seen them.

Most of the bodybuilding contest video footage was way gay IMO.

Otto Arco is pretty darn amazing. Now as for trying to lift that woman, I have no idea what the problem was because in another video Anson and Pullum can't lift her either, and there is little doubt to their strength levels as compared to Inch. Maybe it was a gimmick of some sorts where she had some weights concealed under the skirt or she did everything in her power not to be lifted, but something is fishy. As for the bell, if it was so darn heavy why didn't he bent press it instead of jerking it, it was a world record after all.... Mr. Inch did not look the picture of health in that video either. :erm

Edited by foggymountainmuscle