1st Time Bending

smokinjoe

i bent for the first time last night, i am sorry to say a 17 yo guy spanked me bad. tommy wilkins from new castle pa . his trainer steve mcgranahan taught this young man well. :bow:bow

Oh well, now you have a starting point and a goal, this bending stuff is really addictive, I used to buy bolts and nails for their correct use now everything I pick up at the hardware store I find myself giving it a qucik flex to see if I may be able to bend it.

Lyle I can bend a coat hander just kidding! eouch

How does a person bend when starting?

I read the Bending FAQ above went out and bought 3/16 in 3'lengths at Canadian Tire or Home Hardware then went to a Steel Shop and bought a 20' lenght of 1/4" cut it to a bunch of different lenghts and have at er'. now I bought a bunch of 5" spiral nails they are fun to bend to .

Oh well, now you have a starting point and a goal, this bending stuff is really addictive, I used to buy bolts and nails for their correct use now everything I pick up at the hardware store I find myself giving it a qucik flex to see if I may be able to bend it.

Lyle, I can totally identify with the nails and bolts flex test. I have been caught a couple times by other customers. Now my addiction hasn't yet led me to whip out my dish towel, wrap the steel and bust into that nail or bolt with a war cry, but who knows how far down my rock bottom is I have only been into bending for almost 2 weeks and I have visited every hardware store in town on multiple times and know the Alaska Steel Company guys on a first name basis. I think if I buy as much steel as a contractor I get a discount. I tell the wife I had a coupon or something. I also have levered all their sledge hammers and I am always ON THE prowl for ways to use common items like pipes, springs, ropes and wood to make my own grip devices. I want to post some of my finished prototypes I have designed and constructed recently one day for others to get ideas and build on them.

Hey, I think the whole point of this board is to help others to help ourselves. I mean who else can help the helpers.

Can I get a witness somebody! , maybe an Amen from the back. :rock

Amen to that!