Strongman Contest

JeffPeterson

Dave and I are putting on a strongman contest in St. Paul this year. It is very grip intensive. Thick rope arm over arm. 700-800lb frame carries and axle deadlifts. I would really like to see some gripboard members there. Shrug you should definatly do this one. It will tests all aspects of strength.

I'm going to try to make that one. Like the events (except the frame).

Oh, I see Jeff Peterson. Invite Shrug but not Mr. Meat Loaf. I see how it is.

As long as it doesn't clash with the California's Strongest Man (I don't know the date for that yet but it'll be in May or June. It was May 15th last year), I would love to come up and compete.

What does a frame carry look like? Is there a link to a frame carry pic? I can imagine what it is, but it would be cool to see a pic.

MEAT

Edited by Meat Loaf

Dave, I don't know if you have any beer sponsors yet but you might get some on board if you make the frame with 3 kegs running along each side of it. That would be a cool looking frame and alot of the spectators might relate in their mind just how heavy it really is. Just an idea...

Meat,

Space is limited to 30 competitors and we already have about 20. I'd say ASAP on the entry.

Lance,

Good idea, but we have to stay within the strictures of the Grand Ave Business Assoc. when finding sponsors and they would like to minimize alcohol at the event.

King crusher, if I competed at Dave's meet, would you come to watch and hang out?

Dave, I'm not sure just because of money reasons and a possible clash with California's Strongest Man (plus i might get my ass kicked!), but if you recieve my entry, you'll have the answer!

David will you have most of the implements to train with prior to the contest?

M2

Matt, we have all the implements now except for the frame. We will not be training with the exact trucks that will be used in the arm over arm.

Call me when you want to come train.