Talk About A Challenge

EricMilfeld

Time to get up early. :D

100 nails are 80 bucks.

From the way I read it, the challenge would be to do it using the blue cordura pads. I think it's doable, with those pads might take longer to wrap, but freaking OUCH!

$111.00 in nails and shipping, 20 bucks or so for Advil.....

From the way I read it, the challenge would be to do it using the blue cordura pads.  I think it's doable, with those pads might take longer to wrap, but freaking OUCH!

$111.00 in nails and shipping, 20 bucks or so for Advil.....

That's alot of Advil. :yikes

I guess Ironmind knows the Red is no big deal....

they make it sound like its some amazing thing, then put out a challange to see who can bend 100 in 2 hours....

Thanks greg and dave for ruining it LOL j/k

well, it's obviously doable, but to me it's still amazing.

I'm talking about just doing 1.

Edited by Lyle

Hell, this is some news to me. I thought the Red was a big deal. If I rember correctly a G5 and a G8 is a big deal. I know I've given 60d nails to several very strong guys who can't do a thing with them and they think a 60d is a big deal.

Mabey I'm just a pussy.

:flame

-HH

That is a distinct possibility, Erik. :)

I bet Ironmind has sold more reds in the past week than they have in the past 6 months. And that is just to a few guys!

Doing 100 reds with the IM pads would be pretty good, but even if I could manage that many, the cheapskate that I am can't see past spending $111.00 for a workout that didn't involve nekkid ladies.

The red is a very big deal. Those that have worked hard to be able to do even 1 should be VERY proud. The whole 100 thing has to be taken in context:

1) A PR is a PR. If you get the IM yellow after training for months that is every bit as good as any PR. We are trying to share things to excite people not diminish any accomplishments that they have made.

2) I will never do 100 with the cordura, I am not that sick. The things that happen to your hand with cordura only get worse as you start to sweat. Tearing your hands up is a fact of life with a high volume bending session even with leather, with cordura it would be a horror show. The bone bruises take weeks to go away.

3) Nobody has done 100 so lets not assume it can be done, Dave was just talking shit cause he lost :D . It was only meant as a slam to me, "if I had more reds I would get 100, in fact I promise 100 on the 30th". It was meant to diminish my efforts while I was leaving him in the dust like the bitch he is :D Rawrin called Dave out by posting it immediately after he said it. So he said it, and he win man-up and try for it, I will also man-up and try too. It will not be done without a ton of bleeding.

Please don't consider a failure to get to 100 on the 30th a failure. My blog was meant to provide insight into our training, and a little bit of BS talk is part of our pushing each other. Neither I or Dave think the 100 is a slam dunk, in fact I for one am very intimidated by this, and more than a little worried about the damage to my hands and shoulder.

Greg Amidon

With leather I wouldn't bet against

you or Dave to bend a 100 reds.

I like the fact Greg, Dave, Clay are pushing

every bending session. Almost every session

prs are falling like crazy. Even for myself.

I like the smack talk and you guys pushing

each other. I see you guys do something big

it inspires me to try something thats a big pr for me.

I love reading the blogs and having the opportunity

to watch the webcams. Keep pushing each other

but just not to the point of an injury. :trout

Wish both you guys the best going for the 100 reds.

It wasnt long ago I bent my first single Red, and that took me well over a year of training, usually twice a week, to do. To everyone who is aspiring to bend a red and beyond, stick with it, I think it is a great feat. Once you get to the red, Gamidon and others here can put that in perspective and push you to the next level, but it does not diminish what you've done.

Strossen should put up a decent (1000$?) reward for the feat. From how my hands feel after two 60d`s,I can`t even begin to imagine anyone doing 100 reds with IM pads would feel like!

BTW, do you think IM`s going to have a new nail out soon? Maybe the "IM Gold"? :D

Edited by Roper

100 reds are $80?? Holy crap, it's time to raise prices... :yikes

Anybody does this with FBBC stock & I'll give you a $100 gift cert with a spa of your choice for hand therapy, plus a free Psychological eval. Not that a single one of us could pass a Psych eval anyway....

Edited by John Beatty

IRONMIND SHOULD GIVE THE FIRST PERSON TO DO 100 REDS IN 2 HRS. A GIFT CERT FOR DOUBLE OR TRIPLE THE TOTAL COST OF NAILS AND SHIPPING. I NEW TO BENDING, BUT JUST READING ABOUT HOW HARD THIS IS GOING TO BE SOMETHING SHOULD BE ON THE TABLE???

NO?? THEN MAKE A NEW NAIL???

100 reds are $80?? Holy crap, it's time to raise prices... :yikes

Anybody does this with FBBC stock & I'll give you a $100 gift cert with a spa of your choice for hand therapy, plus a free Psychological eval. Not that a single one of us could pass a Psych eval anyway....

John,

I think after the 29th I will never want to do this again. Who knows. Now 6" bars..........

Here is my Mastercard commercial for this (this is only for fun so dont think I am convinced I will beat Dave):

100 Red nails - 111 Dollars

Advil 20 Dollars

Kicking Mortons Ass - Priceless

I asked Randy back in July if he would be coming out with a harder nail and he said he thought it was probably going to happen. This was before the rule change came that said you had to use cordura for a red certification though, so perhaps that rule change satisfied the need to make the red more challenging again and negate the need for a harder bar. Only one guy knows for sure.

My personal opinion is that Randy should pony up some free nails. We know if it happens that Randy will use it for publicity and prolly sell some nails because of it. The downer would be that any "sponsorship" would complicate things greatly and take away the spirit of the competition, which is Morton exposing Gammy for the T-Girl that he is. :laugh Greg better focus all his energy on resting up and lay off those grippers, or he's cooked. :cool

100 red nails in 2 hours or less! :yikes

There are only 120 minutes in 2 hours.

That is just over 1 minute per nail including

wrapping and bending.

If someone actually does this, I think they

should win something and be listed in the

Guinness Book of World Records.

For the average man to bend a red nail it

would probably take a sledgehammer and

a vise.

Good luck guys.