Best Forearm MASS-BUILDER

Guest MonStar1023

Guest MonStar1023

I have been using a thick-bar wrist roller, and I think that it has worked pretty well. I mean its only like five inches around and I think its works pretty well. I only use around 35 pounds for it though. I do 1 set of it at the end of my back workout..

:D  :D

I say wrist roller or farmers walks.  I like to do quite a few sets though.  I usually do wrist roller 3-4 sets up and down. When we do farmers, we usually do 2-4 carries on 2" handles.

Guest MonStar1023

Yeah I didnt even think about farmer's walks.. theyre a good exercise that I havnt done in a while.. how do they compare to standing db static holds?

I think they are better.  Besides, I would get bored with static holds.  At least with farmers walks you can turn around....... :D  :D  :hehe  :hehe

Guest MonStar1023

Hehe yeah thats true.. how do you think farmers walks and static holds compare to timed holds with the CoC?

What does everyone else think are the best mass-builders for foerarms??

Wrist curls with low reps? CoCs?

Wrist curls for mass. Farmer's walk and COC are killers too. Even tough reps are not what we shoot for in the grippers, repping a gripper in the 5-8 range will give you great forearm developpement.

Wrist Curls - forearm flexors 3X12

Wrist Roller - forearm extensors(I only roll the weight up) roll up 3 times

work sets shown

COCs

Planning to include some pinching in my WO

JAMES

Guest kINGPIN

For me its got to be the wrist roller and behind the back wrist curls although I don't do the last one anymore.  Nail bending does a good job of them too.

Guest MonStar1023

Thanks for the great replies guys...

The problem is devising a GOOD routine to do at the end of my back workout, once a week....

Maybe

CoC timed-holds

Pinching Plates

Wrist Curls

Thick-bar Wrist Roller

CoC for reps

Maybe ONE set of each to failure? 5 total sets? Or what?

HELP!

MonStar

I believe you ask too many questions about good routines but you never really try them long enough to produce results... I understand how bad you want big forearms because that's one of the reasons that brought me to grip training, but you need to stay longer with each routine for it to deliver results!

Your routines are good, stay with the basics... reverse curls, hammer curls, wrist curls....

Kingpin

May I know why don't you do wrist curls behind the back anymore? Did you felt pain or something?

Thanks

Guest kINGPIN

Hercules, on the contrary, I found the exercise to be a great one.  It was comfortable, I could use a lot of weight and it was safe to perform.  And they always felt better on the wrists them the normal wrist curls.  The reason is as simple as the fact that I can't be bothered to load up the bar when i have a wrist roller on the floor with all the weights already attached.  I may use it for variation sometime but not as my staple exercise.

I'd have to say that either high rep (15-20 range), heavy deadlifts, either regualr or stiff legged will build your forearms like nothing else.

Without straps of course!!! :hehe

Arthur

Guest MonStar1023

Doing seated barbell wrist curls, with a LOT of weight, around 175 lbs., getting like 12-15 reps and having a spotter force me to 20-25... has made my forearms sore for days after the workout.

#### this guy at the mall yesterday had the BIGGEST more defined forearms. He wasnt even in shape! His forearms doubled mine in size..

:(  :(

Guest RobbyTooSlobby

I don't know if this is what its called or not.  But I believe the name is "Super sets?"  Its mainly used in BB though.

It seemed to work for me though when I was working out.  I have had a few people comment on my big forearms.  Here is what I did.

If I'm correct (which I might not be) a super set is when you do one exercise for a body part and then a nother exercise of a different movement but for the same body part.

First I did standing wrist curls with about 45 to 55 lbs on it (after I warmed up with 2 sets of 25)

I think I repped that weight up the rope and down about 2 or 3 times.  After that I went immediatly to the wrist curls where I have the the bench support my forearm.  I did about 35 lbs with each arm till failure which was only about 6 to 8 reps maybe less.

Then I rested up and did it again maybe 2 more times.  

Hope this helps.  

I think you can use the super set ideas for other exercises as well.  Like pnching then farmers walk or coc and farmers...

Guest MonStar1023

Oh yeah I almost forgot about these since its been SO LONG since I have done them last... maybe I will superset..

SUPERSET:

Seated BB Wrist Curls

Reverse Thick-bar Wrist Roller

Both heavy to failure.. start with CoC timed-holds and then finish with CoC reps.

I have never experianced a greater pump in my forearms than that which comes from some intense bouldering.

Second would be wrist roller.  Flexion and extension supersets.

Third would be supersets of high rep standing db wrist curl.

Michael  Falkov