How do you train with the eagle loops?

Guest kINGPIN

Guest kINGPIN

I am curious as to how everyone else here trains with there Loops.  How far in the loops do you put your fingers?  Do you just do hangs or do you chin with them?  Do you use them for all your chins?  Do you use them with barbell exercises?

.......and any other input you could add would really be appreciated.

At the moment I am hanging with my finger tips only through them.

Kingpin,

Loop your fingers through them, then attach the opposite loop through a bar on which you'll hang OR attach them to heavy weights and pick them up.  Your using your fingers to make the resistance, and that's how the Eagle Loops work.

I had one guy call my hotline, and ask me, "Where do I get an eagle?".  He got the Eagle Loops, and thought you really needed an eagle to make it work (?).  I informed nutbrain that that is what the product is called, and that it has NOTHING to do with a "real" eagle.

Before letting him go, I told him I was producing a new product....... "Pit Bull Straps".   :D  :D   :p  :p  :p

I had one guy call my hotline, and ask me, "Where do I get an eagle?".  He got the Eagle Loops, and thought you really needed an eagle to make it work (?).  

Poor guy, I'm surprised they let him near a phone...... ???

hey kingpin,

i have used mine with barbells but prefer to use them for chin ups. when i put my fingers through i put them rigth up against the knuckles. at present i do singles with added weight using various combos, i usually start with 4 fingers to warmup, then only the middle fingers, then onto the combo of little and ring fingers, finishing with the strong combo middle and index. once i reach say 10 singles/15 sec rest it is time to add weight the next time. i do these once week just prior to my (grip specific) one arm deadlifts.

for other times in the week i use a 2" rope for pullups but mostly use these highly recommended little beauties;

http://metoliusclimbing.com/howto_trainrockring.htm

they are TOUGH!

all the best

mannek

Guest kINGPIN

Sybersnott, please tell me you are kidding!  I have a lot of respect for newbies as we were all one once but c'mon.....an eagle???  Lets hope his job is not one that relies on making important decisions like 'which cable to cut', 'when to push the red button', 'where to make the incision' etc. :p

KP, I have been doing pullups with as few fingers as possible (working my way down) for low reps, and then putting on a loaded dip belt and doing just hangs for time. Again, I'm trying to use as few fingers as possible on the hangs. As far as position, my fingers are stuffed in as far as they will go. In researching one finger lifts, I read that you should do this to avoid injury.

If any of this is productive, I couldn't tell you because I haven't tried long enough yet. I have made large gains on the hangs, but that could be just me getting the feel for the movement.

Wannagrip, I thought you were the eagle loop expert? Any input?