Seat belt hangs.......?

Guest kINGPIN

Guest kINGPIN

Heres an exercise I tries last night which is absolutly amazing.  When I was at the scrap yard the other day I crawled into the back of a toyota and cut the rer seat belts out of it knowing that I could find a grip use for them.  i was'nt sure what I would do with them at the time but when I got home I thought I would try and do a kind of 'towel chinup' with them and see what the effect was.  I looped the belts over the bar and hung on for life.  Because of how thin the belts are my hand had to squeeze real tight and I also had to use my thumb a lot just to stop the belt from slipping out.

I don't know if this is one of Brookfileds or whether anyone else has tried it but give it a shot.  I think it has got a lot of potential and because of how tight your hand is it may be good on the grippers as a beyond the range movement.

Guest danreeves

Have been wanting to add towel or rope chinups. Will have to try the seatbelt idea.

Would it be better you think to use a thin materail like the seatbelt or really thick material like 1" rope. Got access to both and debating what will work best. Thought the thicker it was, more like thick bar training it would be.

Guest kINGPIN

As I said Dan, I just thought of it because I had them lying around.  The good thing about the seat belts is that because they are so thin you really have to squeeze your hand tight to get a grip which I feel will be good for the last portion of the gripper.

Depends on what you want Dan.  If you want it more like thick bar training, go for some 2" or thicker rope.  If you want a more "vise-like" grip, go with thin stuff.

I did some pull-ups at Radiulis' house a while ago with some very thin rope.  They were pretty hard, and I feel, harder than with a thicker peice of rope.  They also were pretty tough on the skin, which will help with callus development (hand toughening.)

Michael Falkov

I agree with Quick Grip. When I first started rope pullups, I used a pair of thin canvas straps. I had to grip fairly hard to pull myself up (I weigh about 195 lbs.). I also noticed an immediate improvement on the No. 1 which I was working on a that time. After about 2 months, I decided to wrap a small handtowel around each strap, tripling the width. I realised that I didn't have to grip the strap as tightly and my hands weren't as sore. I tried these for one month. Needless to say my gripper progress basically died!!

I've since removed the handtowels and continued with the canvas straps. I can close the No. 2 and the BB Master. Although I admit that negatives and grip machine were critical, I still think that rope (or in my case "canvas") pullups had something to do with it.

Chester Beeput