First Time Bending...

cubanbee

What's up everybody. I've introduced myself in the newbie section, not sure if anybody caught it, or cares for that matter, but I've been a lurker for quite a while and decided to give bending a go 'round. I've been using the CoC for a little while now, and am about 1/4" away from closing #3. Enough of that, here's tonights bends that I did with a fellow member of the board. I've read up on as much as I could and am still a little foggy on different grades and so forth. If somebody could help me out with your opinion on what these bolts and piece of 1/8" steel would be close to, that would be great. Actually, any help would be great.

Thanks for looking.

81126380.jpg

81126386.jpg

Edit****

Can't seem to post the photos correctly. I'm a moron, can somebody give me a hand with this please.

Thanks.

Edited by cubanbee

Welcome to the board, Cuban.

If you could describe the dimensions and markings of the bolts we could help you better. Is the 1/8" steel round stock?

Welcome,

nice bends.

Even though I can't help you with the 'grade' of your nails and bolts, I can help with you images.

Since you're refering to URLs you just have to just the 'http://' button instead of 'IMG'.

Doing that it looks like the following:

Pic1

Pic2

Try to get some 60D-nails or G5-bolts so you rate your stuff on you own.

Thanks Frankyboy, I appreciate the help.

Eric, the 1/8" I was referring to was the flat piece that was bent, which by the way was by far the toughest out of the lot. Length wise, they're all a little over 5 1/4" and just under 1/4".

There are no markings on the bolts, I'm assuming because of the flat-head end instead of the normal carraige bolt end. I'm heading to a few hardware stores today to try and find some graded stock.

Thanks for the help guys. Any more info would be greatly appreciated.

You're off to a great start. You may want to read the section pinned above for those new to bending. I would definitely buy some long lengths of 1/4" round steel that you can cut to length, to start with. The grade 5 bolts will most likely be a bit much right now, unless you're a freakishly strong natural.