kINGPIN I bent a nail.

Fuel Crusher

I took one of those nails you sent me to work today and towards the end of my shift when I got time I had a go. I didn't wear gloves but I did wrap it in a cloth, is this proper, I didn't fancy it tearing my hand up. It took about a minute to get into a U shape but I had to do many hand position changes while I did the bend, is that right or should your hands stay in the same position? Yeah it was fun, I'll have a go at the other nail to see if I can do it with a smoother action.

Cheers for the experience  :D

FC, congrats on the bend. For a really good idea of the proper bending form, go to Tom Black's website Here. Last year I had tried to bend 60d nails occasionally with no progress to speak of. After watching Tom's videos, I have not failed on one yet. Currently I don't bend regularly, and haven't done any in about a month or more. I don't want it to interfere with my other goals, because it takes me a long time to recover from heavy bending sessions. It is a whole lot of fun, though, and I look forward to the time I can work it back in.

Guest kINGPIN

Well done on that one bud!  You did better then me on my first attempt thats for sure.  As for using padding I use a face flannel for mine, not sure what Tom or any of the other nail benders use.  I am working on quite a big one at the moment and the workout it is giving my hands is unreal.  It's good fun is'nt it.  Do you intend to keep it up and move on to bigger ones?

Yeah it was fun kINGPIN and I'll probably not be able to resist more goes now and again. However it's taken me about 3 months now to actually decide from the many many grip exercises I've learnt what to focus on. My crush machine and thick handled dumbell, so for the next three or so months I'm gonna concentrate on getting the weight up on both these. Any other grip work will be in support of these two or be purely for fun  :D . I'll keep you posted though, I doubt I can resist a visit to Focus.

Guest kINGPIN

My main focus right now is my nail bending eagle loops and grippers. - in that order.  The grippers seemed to improve from the nail bending and the loops have also helped them so these three are going to be my main priority for now.

Keep up the good work and keep us posted on your progress and how you are getting on with your machine.

Guest kINGPIN

Nopthing to impressive AP but it was just the biggest one I had at the time so I picked it up and bent it and a load more of them.  It is 10cm and about 4mm thick.  The hardest thing I found with it was its length.  It is hard to get a good grip.  I sent a couple to Paul along with some money for a loading pin he made for me (of a very superior quality may I add ;) ....little plug there for ya).  At the moment I am working on a 15cm by 6mm and have put a reasonable kink in it but had to give up for the night because I had other grip work to do.  I am going to give it another go to see if I can finish it off when my hands feel a bit stronger.

Ditto kINGPIN. :D

I had the other nail in my pocket at work today and a mate challenged me to bend it, didn't want to (in case I couldn't again), but you know how it is. The only thing handy was a well greased up old rag so I wrapped it in that and it made it bloody interesting I can tell you. Bent it though, further than the previous one, to about 10 mm between tips. That run to Focus is getting more appealing. :)