Reverse Curls

JamesG

What are some peoples prs in the reverse curl? Ive hit 80x5 thumbless and 95x5 with the thumbs. Thought I would bring this up since Smitty mentioned it in a recent post for crush gains. My training partner recomended it a couple of months ago and I think it has helped a ton with my all around grip strength. Anyone else using it?

James

I do these about every third bicep workout as a finisher. Best so far has been

90 X 8 thumbless, I think thumbless is the only way to do these for the best

effect on your grip.

I'm working on sets of 10 with 50lbs on my 3" bar thumbless. This exercise is crucial for the development of opposing muscle groups.

Hands, wrists and elbows feel much better since I've incorporated these in my training.

Edited by Sean Dockery

James, glad you like them :D I think these help with just about everything grip related. Seems to be really good for guys focusing on crush or thick bar. I started doing them after Ron Mazza recomended them.

Austin

I've been wondering for a while if anybody other than myself has been does these thumbless limp wristed ?

I think my prs' are in the area of 115 x 3, 80 x 16

Edited by Darco

Right now I'm doing about 125 for 10 fairly strict. I just keep switching these off with hammers. 2 great exercises for building the grip.

Mazza

Ouch! Ron Mazza is a hard act to follow. Yesterday did 95X2 with an Olympic bar. But my best has been 83X5 on the AA last year when I was doing them often and preparing for a Record Meet. I'm working them in again and hope to hit some decent numbers. All in good time. I guess 125X10 is a good number to shoot for.

8X100 with thumbs. I prefer doing it with hands a lot wider than shoulder width so it works my forearms better.

I've been wondering for a while if anybody other than myself has been does these thumbless limp wristed ?

I think my prs' are in the area of 115 x 3,  80 x 16

I got curious, 135 x 1 :kiss

This also gave me a reminder on why I dont usually do low reps on these things......ouch my wrists.

Edited by Darco