Double Underhand

Lyle

I was bending after I did grippers last night, 7"X1/4", and I found it way easier to use an underhand grip and bend it up until I can get it in position to crush it together, is this a common thing? and let me add "it's an amazing satisfaction when you feel the steel start to bend and even moreso when you crush it together"

I started with DO but found I couldn't even kink an IM yellow that way. Tried DU, and just a few workouts later I fully bent two yellows in a row, the second one quite badly off-centre even. I still like to bend the easy stuff DO, and also always switch to it for the final crush-down. I still can barely kink a yellow DO.

Rolle

Personally speaking for me, before starting KTA I used to do bending and always used double under hand I just felt more powerful. I used to double over hand when I started but just to painful after a while it seemed really. The best I could do double over hand was bend a white with my arms completely and not bending my arms at a while....a laugh I know :upsidedwn

Lyle,

You are really gettring into the bending...good to see you so excited about something again...Little change of pace helps sometimes.

Thanks Pdoire, I've modified my gripping, and I include some bending after the grippers and pinching, but man it's hard to not bend

I started in on the bending about 4 months ago and started DO. I did ok but was not progressing as fast as I wanted and lots of pain. I switched to DU and made great gains and the pain only last minutes now instead of days.It is really hard to not bend though ounce you've started very addictive I find myself looking at everything metal wondering how I could bend it.

Lyle,

I find it easier to get the harder bends started DU also.

On these bends I switch to DO for final crushdown.

Bend away and conquer the steel. :mosher

I started in on the bending about 4 months ago and started DO. I did ok but was not progressing as fast as I wanted and lots of pain. I switched to DU and made great gains and the pain only last minutes now instead of days.It is really hard to not bend though ounce you've started very addictive I find myself looking at everything metal wondering how I could bend it.

Very addictive, I'm always thinking "where can I get _______ sizes of steel". I was looking for 6' spiral nails, where do these rate?

Lyle,

When you ask "Where do these rate?" are you asking

about the poundage/strength needed to bend these?

The poundage/strength needed to bend nails and

steel can vary slightly depending on whose information

you are using.

Check the gripboard first for this info. and also listed

below are just a couple of other sites.

Have fun and bend away.