If Soreness Is An Indicator...

Roper

Two days ago I gave a couple of those "old" lifts I`ve been asking about a try. Mainly I did DB snatches and swings. My upper back, abs and shoulders were quite sore yesterday, and I thought that okay, it worked something. Today they are just getting more and more sore (the good way) and I`m loving it! They were a real nice change to the ordinary, too; they actually require you to THINK a bit about what you are doing! :whacked

Edited by Roper

Nice work Roper! If you really want to emphasize the thinking part of your workouts with the snatch and the swing, try doing them with a thick dumbbell. It will really spice things up. And kill two birds with one stone. And then when you go back to normal size handles, you will laugh at them.

I spent a couple months last year with DB snatches and my traps grew an inch, looking forward to starting them again in another month or so.

I just bought a solid steel bar 60mm (the exact Inch-handle diameter)thick and 420mm long. I`ll machine the ends down to Olympic-plates, and voilà!; an Inch-size thick-handled DB for 20 $!

One arm swings and snatches are tremendous exercises - dumbell or kettlebell.

Enjoy the pain.

Brett