The Wicked One

Guest Jeff Roark

Guest Jeff Roark

Have any of you guys stopped and took into consideration what kind of all around strength, in your forearms, wrists and hands to equal the feat done by "Herk" Sparkman? He has wrist wrolled around 300lbs!!! My god that has to be a record somewhere! This may be the ultimate device for all around lower arm strength. I am sure if you had a base like his all other world class feats shouldn't be really difficult to move into. I think I will start using mine to a greater degree and see how it effects my progress on my pinch and crushing workouts.

Guest Dimitri

Impressive indeed.Do you know if this weight is used for a set or does he just get a crank or two with it?Regardless,this is monster poundage.I'm also in awe of his neck strap workouts........this is one all around strong guy.

There is a pic of him in the latest Ironmind catalogue using his wristroller set up....That is one strong dude!     And a very happy one too.....as he says "A happy Herk is a strong Herk"

He has said somewhere that sometimes his fingers bleed while wrist rolling. I'm not sure (don't remember ) if it was from under the fingernails.

Looking at the pictures he seems to use as full a range of motion as the equipment and huge weight stack allows. His arms are straight out and the carabiner is touching the roller. Wu, thanks for the link. I just skimmed all his training logs and checked some of the pictures. Good stuff! Dimitri, his neck work truly is astounding. I guess being here with people like David Horne makes some of us a little bit less impressed with the (HUGE) wrist roller poundages. Maybe "desensitized" is a better choice of words. However, that neck work is like nothing I have ever seen. I was impressed when I saw Steve Jeck lift a 225 lb rock, but that is a far cry from 500 lbs.

No one could ever accuse that guy of being single-dimensional, that's for sure.