Beef Builder Equipment...

Jason Paul

Hey guys,

I used to hang out here (old board), probably 3-4 years ago. Since then I've popped in a time or two. I've been more into kettlebells and haven't been working my grip like a good boy should. So, I'm looking to get back into it. Cool to still see so many familiar names.

I'm a long way from anything major, since I can currently only close my #1 for doubles or triples. I just feel like I'm starting over. I never went much past where I am now anyway, though.

Anyway, I'm looking into a pinch block and a Rolling Thunder, and would also need a loading pin. I noticed that there's a Beef Builder line that basically mirrors the offerings from Ironmind. However, Beef Builder stuff is quite a bit cheaper on most counts. I'm also considering their grippers, since they have some that fit nicely between the COCs, although they're $5 more.

How is the quality and service? Here is where I'm looking:

http://www.wwfitness.com/gripstrength.html

Thanks,

Jason

From what I have experienced, their service and quality is excellent. Over the past 2 years I've purchased the Squeezer, an Ivanko Super Gripper, the BBSA, BBM, and BBSM from them. All products have been delivered promptly and in excellent condition.

Jason-

Something else to consider is shipping charges. Weightlifter's Warehouse was going to charge me over $9 to ship 2 grippers, I got the same 2 grippers from Warren Tetting and shipping was $3.85 (the minimum charge for Priority Mail).

I don't know if he carries all the same items as WW.com but it might be worth contacting him to find out. His address and phone number are in the FAQ.

Chris

The beef builder RT "the handle"is all metal and just slightly larger in diameter at 2 1/2".I can lift more on it than the IM RT.The IM RT has a plastic handle 2 3/8"around the metal core and rolls easier.

The pinch block is exactly the same width 3" i believe but the IM block i a couple inches longer so extremley long fingers can use it.I like the BB Pincher block.

Thanks for the replies.

So, the IM RT has a plastic handle. Does it last a while or wear out fast? Is it possible to replace just the rotating part of the handle, or do you just have to buy another RT?

Also, I guess it's safe to assume the BB loading pins are sufficient. They seem to be significantly cheaper than IM, especially since they come with a carabiner.

Thanks,

Jason

I have the BB 15"loading pin it's the same as the IM.As far as the plastic wearing out i have never heard of it.It (the plastic part)probably will get scratches and tiny pits for normal use but mines still going strong.

I just got my BeefBuilder Grip Machine today... it's cool, and I loaded it up heavy and went right to work.

If you have small or smaller than average hands, this machine is right up your alley. And you can put any size weight plate on it (even the 100 pound monsters).

Jason-

Something else to consider is shipping charges. Weightlifter's Warehouse was going to charge me over $9 to ship 2 grippers, I got the same 2 grippers from Warren Tetting and shipping was $3.85 (the minimum charge for Priority Mail).

I don't know if he carries all the same items as WW.com but it might be worth contacting him to find out. His address and phone number are in the FAQ.

Chris

I understand from my last conversation with Bill Ennis of WW, which was just before Christmas, that Tetting makes all of the BB-branded gear. Unless they have some agreement that I'm not aware of, which is entirely possible, you should be able to buy anthing that you can get from WW directly from Tetting. Further, Ennis will take custom orders for modified BB gear and the like.

Does Tetting accept Money Orders. I tried to place an order at the Weghtlifter Warehouse site but they ask for credit card info before even saying what the shipping will be and there is no option for paying with a M.O. I hate sites like that.

Does Tetting accept Money Orders. I

Yep. In fact when I talked to him on the phone he requested one so I don't even know what other forms of payment he accepts.

Chris