Important Bfgsii Information

Rick Walker

Being the contest promoter, I reserve the right to change the events. Also, since I have had only 1 form returned so far, I think it is certainly early enough to do this without throwing off anyone's preperation.

The last few weeks I have been thinking of doing something different. The same old grip contest is not what I have in mind. I have done one of those, and now they are becoming mainstream which was my hope since my frist contest over a year ago. My good friends, The Diesel Crew, have now become the grip contest gurus, having a top notch contest with great prizes, and great presentation. I can now step away from grip contests, and put my own twist on the competitive arena.

So, with that, I am changing BFGSII. First off, I am dumping the name. The new name of the contest will simply be, "Strength Fest 2005".

Secondly, I am making this as the name sounds, a strength fest contest. Some may shy away from it now, but that is okay. This is the direction I am heading towards, so this is the type of contest I want to have.

Here are the events:

1. Squat: 3 attempts to hit max weight. Texas power bar and squat stands will be used. No wraps, no suits of any kind. Belt only allowed. Lifter must wear shorts or singlet. Lifter's heals must be no wider then 20" apart. Lifter must wait for the "SQUAT" command, then descend until he/she clearly breaks parallel as determined by the judges. Lifter must then return to the locked out state, and wait for the "RACK" command before taking the bar back to the racks.

2. Thunderball Rolling Handle: 3 attempts to hit max weight. One hand only allowed/either hand may be used. Thunderball handle, pin, and weight MUST be clear of body throughout entire attempt. Weight must be completely locked out and lifter must hold for the "DOWN" command. Chalk only allowed. Thumbless grip NOT allowed.

3. Log Press w/ 8" steel log: 3 attempts to hit max weight. Split jerking and push pressing allowed. Log must be cleaned, pressed, and held at lockout until "DOWN" command for the lift to count. Wrist wraps and belt allowed. No knee wraps or sleves. Chalk only.

4. Deadlift: 3 attempts to hit max weight. No wraps, no suits of any kind. No straps. Belt only allowed. Chalk and baby powder allowed. Sumo or conventional stance allowed. No hitching of weight. Lifter must deadlift weight to full lockout, then hold for "DOWN" command.

5. Grippers: 3 attempts to hit max gripper. Either hand may be used. Credit card rule in effect! Chalk only allowed. Gripper and gripper hand may not come in contact with the body in any way, shape, or form. No inverted closes allowed.

6. Medley-Tire Flip/Stones/Farmer's Walk: 1 run through medley only. Lifter must flip 700 pound tire 4 times, place 260, 290, and 300+ stones onto 55 gallon drums, and farmer's Walk 225 an arm 20 yards out, turn, and back. 90 second time limit. Supportive equipment allowed: ie belts, wraps, etc. Chalk only allowed! Event will be done in GRASS so spikes are reccomended.

Scoring will be as followed:

Squat and Deadlift: Body weight will be subtracted from max weight lifted to equal total points scored. For example-a 200 pound man squats 400. His score would be 200 points. A 260 pound man squats 400. His total score would be 140 points, etc.

Log Press: 1/2 bodyweight will be subtracted from max weight lifted to equal total points scored. For example-a 200 pound man presses 260. 200 halved is 100. So, 260 pounds minus 100 is 160. His total score would be 160. A 300 pound man presses 200. 300 halved is 150. 200 pounds minus 150 is a total score of 50.

Thunderball rolling handle: Max weight lifted = point total. Hand sizes that exceed 8" will recieve an automatic 20 point deduction from total points scored on this event.

Grippers: Each gripper will have an assigned point total. For example, a #1 would be worth 5 points, a #2-10, etc. Hand sizes exceeding 8" will recieve an automatic 5 point deduction from total points scored on this event.

Medley: Fastest time nets the highest points. We go down from there.

Prizes to be determined. Free contest Ts.

Date and time still holds true. Limited to the first 25 that I recieve. I will promote this on other forum as well!

Those who have the BFGS2 forms can still mail those in. Those wanting a form who have not recieved one yet, pm or email me your email address.

Any questions-pm me.

BRING IT!

Rick Walker :rock

I'm still in. I think it's a great idea.

Do you have the log or do you need me to bring my Morton Special?

-Jedd-

I will buy one-

But thanks for the kind thoughts Jedder! :mosher

Scoring system need work. Thanks Ryan Brown for pointing that out! :bow

Scoring on the Squat, dead, and log will remain as posted.

Rolling Handle: the amount of weight lifted will be multiplied by 2. For lifters with hands over 8", the amount of weight lifted will be multiplied by 1.5.

Grippers: each one will get a point total, starting at the #T= 100 points and going up from there. Not sure how many grippers will be available at this time.

Medley: First place grabs 350 points. Second gets 14 less or 336 points. Third gets 14 less, etc. etc. all the way to 0 for last place.

See any problems with this set-up?

Rolling Handle: the amount of weight lifted will be multiplied by 2.  For lifters with hands over 8", the amount of weight lifted will be multiplied by 1.5.

Grippers: each one will get a point total, starting at the #T= 100 points and going up from there.  Not sure how many grippers will be available at this time.

Medley: First place grabs 350 points.  Second gets 14 less or 336 points.  Third gets 14 less, etc. etc. all the way to 0 for last place.

looks good rick

Rolling Handle: the amount of weight lifted will be multiplied by 2.  For lifters with hands over 8", the amount of weight lifted will be multiplied by 1.5.

Grippers: each one will get a point total, starting at the #T= 100 points and going up from there.  Not sure how many grippers will be available at this time.

Medley: First place grabs 350 points.  Second gets 14 less or 336 points.  Third gets 14 less, etc. etc. all the way to 0 for last place.

Looks good Rick.

Can a Mod. pin this??

Thanks!

-Rick

• 3 months later...

In case anyone was wondering-this contest has been cancelled.

I wanted all entry forms by April 1st-and I got 1: Jedd Johnson's.

Ah well.