Hg250

ishred

My HG250, recently purchased has a 2.72" spread and seems exactly the same difficultly as my recently purchased IM #2. ie.. no set I could get them both down to 3/16" prior to hurting my right hand.

I have a new 2 3/8" HG250 coming to me and will report in if it is different than the #2 as I expect it to be somewhat easier.

.. neilkaz ..

My HG250, recently purchased has a 2.72" spread and seems exactly the same difficultly as my recently purchased IM #2. ie.. no set I could get them both down to 3/16" prior to hurting my right hand.

I have a new 2 3/8" HG250 coming to me and will report in if it is different than the #2 as I expect it to be somewhat easier.

.. neilkaz ..

well...that last 3/16 could be harder on the hg250.

well...that last 3/16 could be harder on the hg250.

Perhaps it is. Hopefully, my hand will heal up soon (tendons in middle finger and other problems) and I'll get closer to shutting them, but when I did negs they seemed about the same to fully close with a little help from my left hand.

.. neilkaz..

My HG250 is easier than my #2. Not a huge amount but I get another 4-5 more reps in with it compared to the #2 at the same workout. My #2 though is harder than the other #2's I have tried.

Edited by Incindium

Ishred, I think it depends on the spread of the gripper. I would rate my 2.25" HG250 as slightly below a #2 in difficulty. My 2.5" HG250 as very slightly above a #2 in difficulty. My 2.75" HG250 as noticeably harder than a #2. Maybe a 2.5 rating. I wish you were closer to Kansas and were able to come over to my house to try all 3 at the same time and feel the huge difference between them.

My 2 3/8 HG250 is a hair under the BBM so kit is 1.8...2 is definitely harder my 2 is a 2004 2 3/4 spread.

Ishred, I think it depends on the spread of the gripper.  I would rate my 2.25" HG250 as slightly below a #2 in difficulty.  My 2.5" HG250 as very slightly above a #2 in difficulty.  My 2.75" HG250 as noticeably harder than a #2.  Maybe a 2.5 rating.  I wish you were closer to Kansas and were able to come over to my house to try all 3 at the same time and feel the huge difference between them.

maybe if i click my heels 3 times and say "theres no place like home".....

Ben, i can't picture where kansas is on the map, but i am gonna make a trip out there and hang out and crush some grippers with you one day.

Is the 2.75" 250 the one i borrowed from you?

My friends new hg250 is noticably harder than 2's...i'm just not sure how it ranks though.

thanks for all the replies guys.

I got an hg 250 for christmas and have to say it's harder than my #2.I just know i can close my #2 at will now but am uable to get the hg 250 yet.

My 2 3/8 HG250 is a hair under the BBM so kit is 1.8...2 is definitely harder my 2 is a 2004 2 3/4 spread.

My 2nd HG250 arrived yesterday, thanx John B. for making certain it is a more narrow spread. It is not yet seasoned(just a few squeezes) and is 2.48" spread and I'd rate it a 1.85 when compared to my new Nov 2004 IM#2. My other HG250 is 2.72" and seems exacty equal to the #2.

Grippers certainly do vary. Some gripsters think the new batch of IMs, including #2s is more difficult than some less recent ones. This might explain why some feel that even the new 250s are somewhat harder than 2s or it simply may be random varience.

For me, the new HG250 has the strength I was looking for since I wanted something slightly less than a #2 and something that will have around a 2 3/8" spread once fully seasoned.

.. neilkaz ..

I got a 250 not too long ago and it is much easier than the # 2 I got for Christmas. I think it might be due to the narrow spread on it...only 2 1/4".

Mines filled down, and its around a 2 probably a 2.2/2.3.

Hey Bill are you talking about my hg250? I know my im#2 is a hard 2 and my hg250 is harder than my im#2 but i just recentley shut my hg250 felt good and have been getting closer on my hg300 but i`m not sure what that one might be rated at.

Mine is the wider older one. It's more than a #2. If you want an inbetween go for the supermaster. Unless you are looking for the narrow spread of the new Hg's for no-sets.