massive forearms

Guest JoeCooper1234

That's the typical newbie question. On lifting board, we often see : «How can I get huge ?». I'll try to answer shortly.

First of all, most pro bodybuilders don't have huge forearms. Only a couple of them. Secondly,most pro bodybuilders have poor grip strength. Go to a world-class armwrestling competition and you'll see what huge forearms are.

As for exercises, there are two classics. The wrist curl and the wrist roller. I like the weaver stick too. Many sets of low reps will build your strength. You need strength first if you want to lifts heavy weights that will build your forearms. Work your grip strength HARD and HEAVY and you'll get good forearm developpement.

Tou, I could not have said it better myself.

Here on the GripBoard we welcome bodybuilding type discussions but strength building type of discussions are generally better received.

Roark, what I mean by huge forearms is "way above average". Lee Priest, Casey Viator, Gunnar Rosbo and the monsters like Coleman and Kovacs have HUGE forearms. Many of the others have the same forearms size that some of the people here.

Yeah, most guys who lift bodybuilder style work too much on their upper arms (curls for the girls) while totally ignoring their lower arms.  I really like curls with plates for lower arms/wrists btw.

Guest kINGPIN

If you want forearms like the pros then you have to train hard and have good genetics......oh....and pump yourself with a lot of juice.  Don't try and be like them you will only be dissapointed.  Aim for brute strength in your hands and forearms.  Look at the forearms of the likes of Mr Horne.  They are big by anyones standards but they don't look pumped up full of air.  They have a look of strength that the pro builders will never have.  

When it comes to training, the 'pros' are not the ones to look up to, they will only lead you down the wrong path.