Need Aplications

davetps

hey guys and gals, I curently have no aplications in for the 2005 grip assault contest for feb 5th. I need to have at least 15 aplications in by the 10th of january or we will be forced to cancel the contest. aplications are on our web site. totalperformancesports.com. :cry

hey guys and gals, I curently have no aplications in for the 2005 grip assault contest for feb 5th.  I need to have at least 15 aplications in by the 10th of january or we will be forced to cancel the contest. aplications are on our web site. totalperformancesports.com. :cry

dave.....

I want to do this contest, but my friend and I just started our new jobs less than a month ago so money is tight. Is there anyway you could push it back...like late spring/early summer?

Is that in NJ? because I think Joe Fondale works @ total perf in NJ

Is that in NJ? because I think Joe Fondale works @ total perf in NJ

No I believe its in Everett, Massachusetts

I was going to attend to watch...but......

I'm just lazy and haven't filled it out yet.

But what, pdoire? You know you want to do more than watch, it will only make you itchy to try everything out. :D

I'm just lazy and haven't filled it out yet.

But what, pdoire? You know you want to do more than watch, it will only make you itchy to try everything out. :D

I have trained only on grippers...not the all around events...still focused on

certing.

As always, I have procrastinated, but am itching to send it in and compete.

-Jedd-

Edited by Jedd Johnson

Paul, if you don't compete in this thing we are revoking your posting privileges!!!!!1

com'n paul...you can't just go there to watch...you gotta compete. who cares if your good and one thing and suck at another. I went to the ggc KNOWING i was gonna take last, and i did. But i hit pr's in the process and learned a ton.

if your gonna make the trip, you might as well compete.

If you are going to make the trip, you should compete, IMO. At least if you are ever considering doing a Grip Contest down the line. You hear and learn a lot more being amongst the heavy hitters than you do watching their hand slip off the implement from the stands.

My hunch is I learned more at BFGS in 2003 than I did in 6 months cruising the board. Most of the stuff that is posted is not brand new learning material. There is tons of repetition you have to wade through to find the new stuff, but at a Grip contest, people talk about stuff and you can ask questions and get an answer right away and respond right away. You don't have to ask a question and wait for someone to come back to their computer to answer you, while in the meantime you forget you even asked them and you never follow-up on the post.

Just my take.

If you see yourself as a person who is interested in competing, then compete and see if you like it, because this sport could take off at anytime. In 2003 there were, what, 4 contests? This year there were like 6, next year who knows. Not sure what the exact numbers were, but the point is that it's gonna grow.

Don't miss the chance to experience this sport when it is in its beginning stages. One day there'll be a book written about the beginning of Grip Contests in the United States. Do you want page 179 to have Paul Doire written on it as a competitor or as some guy sitting in the stands? Because if you want to be in the history books as a dude in the stands, let me tell ya, you aren't getting in any history books. Hell there aren't even any STANDS at a grip contest, from what I've seen. :)

Paul, not trying to be aggressive or anything, but your posting rate is so great, I can see you are thirsty for knowledge. If you wanna quench that thirst, then compete in a Grip contest, buddy.

I'm off my soapbox now. No offense intended.

-Jedd-

Wow!!

Didn't realize there was that much support here...thats great.

What are the events???

You know I'm 49 right ...lol...Is there a Masters section :blush

paul, competing is fun. noone is an asshole about anything in the world of grip. As long as you try your best, everyone cheers you on, with that, comes he pr's....you do stuff you couldn't do at home.

You don't even have to ask questions. Everyone will give you advice if they see something wrong in your technique.

Its a great experience.

also, the ggc lasted, i dunno, 10 hours. Do you really want to Watch for 10 hours after a trip up Mass?

That one goes to everyone on the board, if there's a contest, and you were gonna go to watch....sign up for it.

another quick note guys we have sponsorship now aswell but yet we still have no competitors.. I strongly suggest that if you are going to attend that you do compete.

later dave. :mosher

pdoire, I'm almost 49 and I'll be there. I haven't certified on anything yet and I just started with the Rolling Thunder and v-bar but I'm going to be there more

for the experience 'cuz I know my chances of placing well are small but I'm not

going to let that stop me. See you there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave - Assuming that my horrible little car will start (or can borrow housemate's car), I'll drop off my app on Wednesday morning.

Oh yeah, paul, I'm not gonna tell you how old I am but you're welcome to join me in my division. Bring a wig and a skirt so nobody will catch on. :D

Edited by rawrin

Oh yeah, paul, I'm not gonna tell you how old I am but you're welcome to join me in my division. Bring a wig and a skirt so nobody will catch on.  :D

How did you know that I have a wig and a skirt?? :laugh

Theres no point in just going to watch man. Competing is where the real fun is at. Trust me you can bend a straw, but if its a PR at a contest people will still cheer for you. Trust me I was about to make the same mistake and jsut attend the GGC to watch lol. It was damn fun competing even tho I was not even in the top 13 or 14 lol

O ya Big Steve even said I have "Man Strength" :happy Highlight of my day lol

Edited by Kurt Lane

• 2 weeks later...

Kurt,

You coming to play buddy? Get that application in bro.

-Jedd-