Rolling Thunder?

skidmark

Well i think 150 ro more is really good. 200 or over is awesome. the winner if the GGC grip comp got around 210 or so. THe record is like 240 or somthing like that. Iron mind will give anyone who can pull 300 a $300 iron mind gift card. I hope this helps. :D

Well i think 150 ro more is really good. 200 or over is awesome. the winner if the GGC grip comp got around 210 or so.  THe record is like 240 or somthing like that.  Iron mind will give anyone who can pull 300 a $300 iron mind gift card. I hope this helps. :D

I won the RT round at the GGC with 217 lbs total. The record is over 260lbs.

What is considered good,great, etc.?

IMHO:

150+ = good

175+ = very good

200+ = excellent

225+ = world class

I myself am closing in on the magic 200 mark! :D

What is considered good,great, etc.?

IMHO:

150+ = good

175+ = very good

200+ = excellent

225+ = world class

I myself am closing in on the magic 200 mark! :D

I recently read here that the newer handle (PVC grip) is considerably more difficult than the older one. Are your rankings based on the new handle ? I also note that mobsterone won the event at the GGC (full of world class grip dudes) with 217 lbs.

Anyhow, I got a RT set up for Xmas and was happy to do 145 lb since I've never done any thick bar work before. I really like RT training and think it is fun and hope to someday develop the strength to approach the 200 lb mark (by which time I expect you'll be well past 200)

.. neilkaz ..

Well i think 150 ro more is really good. 200 or over is awesome. the winner if the GGC grip comp got around 210 or so.  THe record is like 240 or somthing like that.  Iron mind will give anyone who can pull 300 a $300 iron mind gift card. I hope this helps. :D

I won the RT round at the GGC with 217 lbs total. The record is over 260lbs.

thanks steve i was trying to remember who won and the wieght. :D

Nick I'm really waiting to see what some of the guys that train the RT alot can do on our new ones I made I would guess it will be hard to hit much over the 200 mark maybe I' m wrong but we'll have to find out.

• 2 weeks later...

I can definitely vouch for the difference in RT handles. I have an RT at my house. I pulled @ 156 or so on it before going to a contest and pulling 185 on that RT. It was an older RT handle at the contest. Mine is now approaching 3 or so years old and my numbers are slightly creeping up. Unfortunately, I can't tell whether I'm getting stronger, or the damn handle is deteriorating enough to ALLOW me to lift more, all while actually remaining at the same strength level. It's kind of frustrating even though I do really like the RT. I need to buy one of the steel handled versions so that I can tell whether the implement is degrading or I'm getting stronger.

I would like to try one of the brand new RT handles and see how far down my numbers are.

Congrats by the way to Syber for approaching the 200 mark! How close are you?

I would have to say Snotts levels are right on. Especially when you consider that the winning lift at the GGC was around 220 and the competitors at the GGC were some of the strongest grip guys in the world.