Plans for equipment??

sammyg

Hey,

I know this guy who can make like anything. I live in Australia, & my parents will never let me get someting off the internet, especially shipped in from the US (cost too much). So i was wondering if ANYONE knows of any (or can draw up), plans for three pieces of equipment.

1- Hardy Handshake

2- Telegraph Key

3- And this other one, it's like a big handle where you can put weight on the end of it, it's for your wrists, but i can't remember the name.

I would be very happy if ANYONE can send me some plans.

Thanx.

Guest kINGPIN

Sammy, the good thing about those designs is that they are just a very simple lever.  Take a look at the pics in the site and draw some up for yourself.  Take them down to a metal worker and describe its use and have it tailor made for your hand size.

The last one you mentioned is a leverage bar.  Get yourself a sledgehammer and work your way down the handle and when you can lever it from the end of the handle then you know you are strong.  Also a bit advantage of a sledge is that there are no plates to change.  Just use a pen to mark how far the handle you are and remember not to cheat.

i'm so stupid, i can't figure out how the 2 machines work! haha, i would appreciate it sooooo much if you could attach a file with your own desgins for them?????????? or if someone could just explain to me how they work!

I'm so stupid.

Thanx again.

Guest kINGPIN

For the Hardy Handshake all you do is put a weight on the end and squeeze the handles like you would a gripper.

For the Titans Key just put a weight on the end and pinch the 2 flat peices together.

Forget the machines for a while Sammy and just stick with the basics for now.  Pinch plates, thick bar/handle holds, wrist roller/curls, hangs etc.  The fact is with these machines; if you need to ask then you don't really need them.

Read, learn and apply bud and it will happen. :)

I personally think that two of the absolute best exercises for grip, wrist, and forearm strength are standing plate curls and seated plate curls on a bench or knee. All that you need to perform these are some regular weight plates. It's good to have varying weights depending on your level of strength, but all you need are some plates. Have you ever done these?

paul

I'm pretty new to grip training (going on 5 months) & I don't think I need any new equipment yet that's just for grip training. If you haven't been doing it for long either I'd say stick with the CoC grippers & plate stuff. Do pinches for time, plate curls, wrist curls, CoC stuff,  hammer levering, etc. You can do a lot of stuff pretty cheap & still get strong hands.

Before you think about purchasing ANY machine, for grip or general strength training, remember that the old-timers didn't have machines. All they had was barbells (thick handled most of the time), solid cast dumbells (thick handled too), plates andodd object. Were they having strong grip. That was their strongest bodypart. Men like Goerner, Appolon and Cyr had astonishing grip strength and didn't have access to machines. They were deadlifting HEAVY weights, pinching plates and working a lot on thick bars.

Beside, for the price of a hardy handshake and a TTK, you can purchase a Appolon Axle 2" bar. For me, the choice is easy. If I win 500 bucks, I'm getting a 2" bar and a lot of plates to lift with it.