#4 Spread

BobJeck

Hey, I've got a #3 with a spread of about just over 4 inches. But my #4 has a spread of 3.5. This makes setting and no-setting the #4 a lot easier which I can get just past parallel. However, the #3 is so damn hard to get into my hand. Are the #3's usually this wide set?

Hey, I've got a #3 with a spread of about just over 4 inches.  But my #4 has a spread of 3.5.  This makes setting and no-setting the #4 a lot easier which I can get just past parallel.  However, the #3 is so damn hard to get into my hand.  Are the #3's usually this wide set?

Are you measuring the spread from the inside or outside of the handles?

Are you measuring them inner handle to inner handle??

Ha ha we both posted the same thing at the same time... :D

Theu should as wide as a credit card for the no set rule

The narrower the better. The widest I have is 3.25. Nothing in IM is as narrow as the credit card. 2.6 is about the smallest you will find. On my IM grippers 2.8 is average.

i'm a bit perplexed that you can get your #4 to below parallel, but your #3 that is only 1/4" wider your having problems with.

It's just really hard to get it to feel right. I'm just a bit away from closing it, well, not really, about a quarter inch or less. The #4 just feels very good in my hand and it sits there perfectly. Closing it to about parallel is while holding the spring with the other hand. The three is slightly set to get it to fit in my hand and I don't hold the spring to attempt to close it. Both were bought last spring. Does that mean they are 2003 or 2004?

If they say Captains of Crush in the rings on the handles they are 2004.