For Those Using Electrical Tape

speedy

I am having a little problem, the area where the fingers wrap, I have been using electrical tape, and after doing a few Over Crushes, the electrical tape keeps ripping. Anybody else with this problem? Any solutions other than re-tape or don't use tape?

I've heard a bit about the electrical tape but never used it, I just wrap some hockey tape around the finger that's getting tender until it heals abit.

Use a fingernail scrub brush and remove any excess chalk, if any, from the gripper and then wrap it. If your tape still doesn't stick, find some better tape. I just start at the top of the handle and go down to the bottom with black electrical tape, making sure there is some overlap of the tape.

It's not that it does not stick, it rips from rubbing against the other handle when I crush it.

Use a fingernail scrub brush and remove any excess chalk, if any, from the gripper and then wrap it. If your tape still doesn't stick, find some better tape. I just start at the top of the handle and go down to the bottom with black electrical tape, making sure there is some overlap of the tape.

It's not that it does not stick, it rips from rubbing against the other handle when I crush it.

I wrap from top to bottom like milkbone..but I leave maybe 1/4 to 1/2

inch unwrapped so I can still hear the click of the grippers also to

allow filed down grippers to hit metal to metal.

Athletic tape works great. I have an extended gripper, and the washers I have put on are very slippery. Atheltic tape holds up very well.

hi they sell rubber tape to looks just like the other stuff but will stretch :D

For those suggesting grip tape, I have already went down this road, and basically even though I was convinced grip tape was the way to go till I read this THREAD and gave it another go, and found the electrical tape (only around the finger area) makes the most sense.

Yeah, the tape gets messed up on the ends, but no big deal. Just leave a little off the end like suggested. I only have my #4 wrapped. If doing overcrushes, I'd just go raw.

Early on, I used electrical tape on my grippers... but then had to get rid of it because it kept sliding off and making a real mess of things.

If you'd like - why don't you get that liquid rubber stuff and coat the handles with that?