New Coc #4 For Christmas

gottabend

Had an early Christmas gift exchange with family last night. I got a new COC #4. What a monster.

Now, I'd been "bowing to the porcelain" all morning with some kind of kick-ass virus and didn't possess the strength to close a #2 so didn't even give it a good squeeze... just held and admired it's beef. :D

My little brother walks over and asks to see it. Now, he's 38 years old and not very little - weighs in around 305, and looks like a neandrethal. He's not worked out in years. He gives it one good left-handed squeeze and takes it well past parallel! I hate him.

Consider this: like most "normal" guys, I had to work long and hard to break the 200lb BP barrier, worked longer and harder to break 300 and so on. My little brother, after only 6 months or so in the gym, loaded 4x45lb plates on each end of a bar and cranked out 8 SLOW reps.

He quit working out shortly thereafter. I always told him he should get into power lifting or some such. He'd have been a monster - no doubt. Tried to instill some interest in him last night for grip but no dice.

I'm just jealous. :blush

Can't wait to start working negatives with this thing.

I alway tell people who have a lot of weight on them that if they are having trouble losing it, at least use it to your advantage, power lift.

Edited by Iman74

I alway tell people who have a lot of weight on them that if they are having trouble losing it, at least use it to your advantage, power lift.

i tried getting a couple of my friends into gripping, they give my grippers a try and thats that. they could realy care less. pitty.

I am talking more about power lifting than gripping. Powerlifting goes hand and hand with gripping, but to be just into gripping, most could careless.

I have been into it since I was in single digits as far as my age goes, but just recently took it to a serious level.

"He gives it one good left-handed squeeze and takes it well past parallel!'

That would be almost a close if it's true! Parallel is about 1/2'' from being shut.

"He gives it one good left-handed squeeze and takes it well past parallel!'

That would be almost a close if it's true! Parallel is about 1/2'' from being shut.

I'll see if I can taunt him into a repeat - and film it for entertainment value. He'll do it. Honestly - it torques me to no end... the natural propensity for strength that he's always had and no interest in capitalizing on it. He's 305 or so but he's also built like an ox. I've seen him ripped (with cuts) at 225-230 when he was younger. His wrists look like they're 50% again the circumference of mine. He's broad-shouldered, thick-boned, and I'm the opposite. He definitely came from the other end of the gene pool.

I'll see if I can taunt him into a repeat - and film it for entertainment value.  He'll do it.  Honestly - it torques me to no end... the natural propensity for strength that he's always had and no interest in capitalizing on it.  He's 305 or so but he's also built like an ox.  I've seen him ripped (with cuts) at 225-230 when he was younger.  His wrists look like they're 50% again the circumference of mine.  He's broad-shouldered, thick-boned, and I'm the opposite.  He definitely came from the other end of the gene pool.

Toss him a 3, if he blasts it shut he may get interested.

T!

well past parrelle on the 4 first try......405 for 8 slow reps.

do we have a b.s flag.

yeah id get that film out double quick.

well past parrelle on the 4 first try......405 for 8 slow reps.

do we have a b.s flag.

yeah id get that film out double quick.

Y'all have all known somebody who could crank out 8 slow reps

with at least 405#s after six months haven't you? :laugh

Maybe Apache Junction, AZ has something in the water or somebody is

trying to stir up the water. I vote for the later.

Chill dude, WGACA.

This was locked by the mods. I am unlocking it for some explanation. The GripBoard is a tough crowd. :) Guys and gals who thirst for strength (grip is just part of their games typically) and have a ton of experience in the game if you stack them all up. So, if someone comes on here making claims know that they should be able to back it up (unlike other forums out there). This is just the facts of the matter here.

We'll open it back up again provided everyone can behave. :cool

We'll open it back up again provided everyone can behave.  :cool

Hey Wanna.... look at ME!!! I'm behaving!! :whistel

Do I have doubts about someone who takes a new #4 and gets it to parallel?? Sure.

Do I have doubts about someone who takes a new #4 and gets it to parallel?? Sure.

i think the wording was "way past parallel". also benched 405 for 8 slow reps. must be some sort of freak since he doesn't train AT ALL.

dude guys....its entirely possible.....highly, highly unlikely, but still possible.....until we see a video, quit jacking on the guy....thank you for unlocking this topiuc wanna......your the man, as usual

I let Travis Ortmayer try a new #4 and he got it to parallel from a no set position.

By all means hand the man a 3 and see what he can do with it.

What I'm most upset about in this and other threads is that everyone seems to get to open their presents before me. I showed my fiance all the guys getting to open their stuff and still NOT ONE PRESENT opened!!

Nothing opened yet, but I know santas got a new #3 & #4 for me, PLUS a PDA IDB and collors!!! :D Everything else is gravy. :laugh:laugh:laugh

I got my big, fat package from IronMind today and I still haven't opened it yet! :blink

There's something to be said about my will power!! :D

I would guess that if a newbie could get a gripper way passed parallel on his first try, with a little knowledge on gripper technique, he would be able to close it. In my experience, people who have never tried a gripper before tend to position it in a really poor position leverage-wise.

Edited by matonski

I would guess that if a newbie could get a gripper way passed parallel on his first try, with a little knowledge on gripper technique, he would be able to close it.  In my experience, people who have never tried a gripper before tend to position it in a really poor position leverage-wise.

but it wasn't just a gripper he claims went past parallel...it was the #4