Rolling Thunder 300

BobJeck

I would put my money on no but I think some have been getting close ie Josh Bigger and Mobster

Like Shane mentioned I wouldn't be surprised if Bigger did it on his old handle. On a new one I would put my money on Magnus S. I guess he did 283 or something on a new one at a exhibition a while ago.

Whats the difference between new and old handles?

About 80 freaking pounds!! Old Guys right - not even close. I've (like Josh) pulled 300 lbs on an OLD handle and yet my best on a brand spanking new one is 217 lbs.

I have a new handle, Oly loading pin and carabiner coming for Xmas.

While this may be knitpicking, I'll ask whether you figure in the weight of the handle, loading pin and carabiner when totalling up the poundage, or do you just assume that they are a standard weight and only add the actual weight of the plates ?

Thx and best of luck .. neilkaz ..

as dlk asked ? what is the difference between the old handle and the new one different material or what. mine is made of pvc pipe over steel pipe what are the new ones made of steel and steel or bigger pipe how could they be that much different :blink

While this may be knitpicking, I'll ask whether you figure in the weight of the handle, loading pin and carabiner when totalling up the poundage, or do you just assume that they are a standard weight and only add the actual weight of the plates ?

I know the weight and of course it's quoted in the catalog and so include it.

To answer the other 2 questions and these have been asked before on the GB. Chalk, dust and wear and tear allow the vinyl sleeve to stop rotating as freely as a new one. Friction those makes the sleeve easier to grip and therefore more weight gets lifted. Also the surface of the sleeve gets worn and marked and again easier to hold on to.

It has to be remembered that I have been training grip for 6-7 years now and my RT handle is probably been used 100's of times since I brought it. Compare that to a handle you've just brought and ability for it to rotate is bound to be less.

This large varience in RT handles has prompted some to buy rotating handles from other companies. A couple of guys have PDA thunderballs and they love it. If I'm not mistaken, the thunderballs are never saposed to wear out. (Maybe it's because you can actually clean them? I don't know.)

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtop...&hl=thunderball

Here's an old topic about them. Don't mean to get off topic but some of the newer guys didn't seem to know much about the varience of the RTs.

Edited by foggymountainmuscle