Softball lift

Benny Willard

What is the actual difference between holding a weighted softball and holding a thick bar? To me it seems like they wouldn't be that different. Is there any advantage to using a ball instead of a thick bar because I intend to try it out in the near future. Thanks!

Benny,

Basically it's a different way of training (mostly) your finger strength.  As your fingers are splayed rather than together it's a great way of adding variety to your workouts.    

One word of advice - During construction make sure you use a nail or (preferably) bolt with a decent head on it, or place a tight fitting washer under the head.  I was half a bee's .... away from mashing my toes recenty when the nail I had used slipped straight thru!  :(

BTW  I think it's a great exercise.

GM

Guest Boog495

i used an eyebolt with threads like a lag screw. it is 1/4 or 5/16. you could even go up to 1/2 inch thread. drill a pilot hole several 1/16`s smaller than your bolt, start your bolt and then slip a screwdriver in the eye and twist it home. no problems so far and i have used it for over a year..

another way, is go to your lumber yard (homedepot, lowes) and  get yourself some post finials... (the round decorative balls mounted on fence post and info signs,etc) there are a variety of sizes to be found. a bonus is they are made of wood and lagscrew eyebolts work great with these as well.

hope this helps