Hose Clamp On #4 Safe?

anson

I want to use a house clamp as a choker on a #4, is this safe? I've never had trouble with this in my #3, but I know the #4 would put a lot more tension on the clamp. Thanks.

I got one on my WC and it has held up fine so far

this ones been beat to death.

we all pretty much agree you can leave your gripper in a clamp for a longgggg time with no ill effects.

we all pretty much agree you can leave your gripper in a clamp for a longgggg time with no ill effects.

I'm not worried about causing damage to the gripper, I'm concerned about the hose clamp breaking and causing general chaos. thanks for the responses fellas!

king,

if everything has been beatin to death, why not just have an faq on the board and one section for people to discuss their routines and pr's. this way there will be no more questions by anyway. sounds like it would be an interesting board

I want to use a house clamp as a choker on a #4, is this safe? I've never had trouble with this in my #3, but I know the #4 would put a lot more tension on the clamp. Thanks.

Anson, I'm thinking a house clamp might be a tad big for your #4 ;)

Hose clamps (2 inch) is what I used on the #3 to get me through it. And, yes, Anson, I have wondered the same thing. If fact, when I first placed the hose clamp on my #3 a long time ago I wondered if the clamp would bust off.

Lately, I thought about putting one around my #4 and seeing if I could close it that way but was concerned about the hose clamp busting. I guess the only way to tell would be to put it on, hang the gripper up for a day or two and see what happens.

Dave...

OK,

Thank's dave.

Sixgun...

itll be fine, but it will dig into the knurlin and cuase some prettiness damage

That's ok because my hand never come in contact with this upper part of the gripper handles, and I'm not worried about how it looks. Thanks.

king,

if everything has been beatin to death, why not just have an faq on the board and one section for people to discuss their routines and pr's. this way there will be no more questions by anyway. sounds like it would be an interesting board

I agree...........the people that keep saying to do a search need to do one themselves on doing a search..........It's all they can say. :whacked