Intro/questions

Guest Bane

Hello everyone,

first time posting and I have a couple of questions.

I have been lifting for awhile and while I do work grip I never really had any set routine. I usually work wrist wroller (thick handled) and timed holds with a regular as well as a thick bar. My grip has always been and still is terrible. My hands are 7.5 inches from wrist to middle finger tip. I have the Trainer, "1 and "2 coc's and work with them sometimes but have trouble. I can close the trainer with my right hand about 25-30 continuous reps but none with my left. I have closed the #1 in the past but can't do it now. I find that either I work only coc's and no other grip work or else I can't close them. I am looking to start doing more grip work and was wondering what a good beginner routine would be. Also should it be done at the end of a w/o or seperate? Due to schedueling I am forced to lift on Monday and Thursday.  How many days per week would be good for grip? Would doing grip work on an off day affect regular lifting? If I did grip on Saturday would my forearms be recovered for Mondays lifting? If I did grip on Wed........too close to Thursday's lifting? I also just made my own pinch grip blocks, one  is 1.5 inches thick and the other 2.5.   Sorry for all the questions but I just can't seem to get my grip up to speed.......thanks

Bane

Bane,

Stop all the reps with the Trainer.  Use that to warm up briefly, then go to the #1 and #2 for timed holds and negatives.  Tuesday and Friday sound about right for your grip training days.  Give it your all on those thick bar lifts.  Hope this helps ya.  :)

Guest kINGPIN

Welcome to the board Bane!

Definatly drop the reps.  You are telling your body to do two differant things at once (endurance and power) and it won't do it.  

Stick with this board and it will happen in no time.

Thanks for the replies guys.....Tuesday and Friday sound good thanks. As for repping with the coc's , we have a bit of a miscomunication here.....sorry I wasn't clear. I was only stating that I am "able " to do that many reps with the trainer  not that I actually do em'!  I normally use it to warm up doing a couple of sets of 5-7 reps before moving to whatever I do with the # 1. As for my left hand I warm up with the trainer by closing it half way for a couple of sets of 5 reps then do 3 sets of 5 .

Thanks again