Hammer Curls

Geo

Ive added some new (3) excercises for my grip training on my quest for the no 3. I just thought I'd share my findings. Probably lots of people are already doing these things but its good to share training experiences.

First of all is strap holds. Nothing I have done so far to help my crushing strength has been as noticeably as effective as these. Incredible. My crush has increased greatly and my training session on Thursday with the 3 was the first time I put the work done with the strap holds to the test. Great! A much more confident crush. I can actually get the sucker in the right groove of my fingers. And then WHAM! really exert the pressure!

The second excercise is the adjustable block weight I made. Terrific grip tool! My thumb strength is taxed every workout with this. Its made me more aware of the power of the thumb and its role in closing grippers. On Thursday with the 3 I really tried to push my thumb and thumb pad "over" to the other side of my hand ( I know this is technically impossible but it helps to think of it this way!) Its seemed to of made me more aware of using ALL of my hand- (or all the muscles in it)

Third is Hammer Curls.I always do curls, but lately Ive been doing very heavy hammer curls. Working up to 50kg in each hand. The way you hold the dumbell in a hammer curl is in the same position as you hold a gripper and I try to "crush" the dumbell bar as much as possible. These have definately helped as well.

Lastly is reverse grip wrist curls. I do these at the end of a workout and they feel very good. Very therapeutic. Ive been told that these are good to prevent and rehab pain in the elbows so and my elbows feel a lot less "tight" after doing these.

The attempt on the 3 on Thursday was a hairs breadth away so I'll be posting my progress as I go.

:rock

Edited by Geo