Gripboard Grip Bash Vlll

EricMilfeld

TIME

0001 February 7, through 2359 February 13th, 2005, CST

EVENTS

One Hand Deadlift

Straddle a standard olympic bar (rotating sleeves), and partially deadlift to the point where the center, middle of the bar attains a height of atleast mid knee cap level, and hold in the finished position for atleast 2 seconds. Knurling is acceptable in the middle of the bar. Do not use a hook grip. The thumb may cover a finger, but must not itself be covered by a finger. Perform with both the right and left hand, scoring each individually.

Vertical Bar

Using a 1" outside diameter smooth metal bar, grasp with one hand and lift atleast 2" off the floor. Insure that no part of the hands or fingers extend lower than 7" from the top of the bar. No hook-gripping is allowed. Maintain your grip of the bar as you return it to the floor. Contest both individual hands.

Plate Pinch

Using both hands, pinch grip two metallic plates, with the smooth sides facing outwards, clearing the ground by atleast 3 inches and holding for atleast 2 seconds in the completed position. Additional weight may be added by a means of your choice, provided that the additional weight is balanced between the front and the back of the two plates.

Grippers

Close the highest rated Iron Mind gripper, or corresponding Beef Builder gripper, you are capable of closing, for one or more reps. You may set the gripper using your free hand up to the point where the handles are parallel to each other, but not beyond that point. If you manage more than one rep, open the gripper to at least the point where the handles are parallel to each other between reps. The free hand may not contact the gripper or any part of the hand or arm closing the gripper, after the initial set. The following poundage will be awarded for a close of the various IM grippers: Trainer-100, #1-140, #2-195, #3-280, #4-365. The following poundage will be awarded for each additional rep completed with the various grippers: Trainer-1, #1-2, #2-3, #3-4, #4-5. For example, 3 reps completed with a #2 gripper would yield a score of 201 pounds. (195 pounds, plus 3 pounds multiplied by 2 additional reps equals 201 pounds). If a poundage greater than that awarded for closing the next most difficult gripper is achieved by repping, than the lifter will be awarded only the poundage for closing the more difficult gripper. Perform with both the right and left hand, scoring each individually. Following is a list of the only grippers that may be used:

Trainer = BB Beginner

#1 = BB Advanced

#2 = BB Master

#3 = BB Grand Master

#4 = BB Grand Elite

SCORING

The usual points system, where the winner of each event is awarded 10 points will be used. The non-winning lifts will be divided by the winning poundage, and multiplied by ten to acquire the appropriate points.

How To PM Results By Example

Eric Milfeld (Gripboard nickname here if applicable)

One Hand Deadlift Right 205 Left 190 PR

V-bar Right 215 Left 195 PR

Plate Pinch 156

Grippers Right #1x6 reps PR Left Trainer x 12 reps

ADDITIONAL NOTES

Use only regular gym chalk as a grip aid. No wrist wraps or tape. Send in all results in pounds. Include the weight of the V-bar itself, as well as the loading apparutus for the plate pinch, in the results. Designate all personal records with a "PR" in your results. All PMs must be received in my Gripboard box by 2359, February 13th. Tell a grip buddy and let's make this the biggest and best Gripboard Grip Bash to date! And enjoy your training as you strive to set new personal records!

Count the weight of the pipe through the middle of the plates, Big E?

-Jedd-

Count the weight of the pipe through the middle of the plates, Big E?

-Jedd-

Yes.

• 1 month later...

eric your opinion would you get get more points if you did an easier gripper for reps like a no .1 for 50 or a no 2 for 5 or 6 reps. people who get higher maxes instead of less but more powerful low reps what you think ????? :D

eric  your opinion would  you get  get more  points if you did an easier gripper for reps like a no .1  for 50 or a no 2 for 5 or 6 reps. people who get higher maxes instead of less but more powerful low reps  what you think  ????? :D

Dan, the rules are set up to prevent more points being awarded for repping out lesser grippers. You'll always score higher if you close a heavier gripper, regardless of reps.

I'm probably gonna give it a shot.

Nice avatar.

What's the little red X mean, beeeyotch?

-Jedd-

The red X means you have to click refresh to see my avatar, ho.

I was gonna give it a shot, now I'm not sure. I'll have to see how the elbow feels, probably a day to day thing.

Question: anyone have suggestions on what order to do the lifts in? I know we have a week but I'm thinking it would make sense to make the last lift the one that would negatively affect the other lifts and vice versa.

Chris

I was gonna give it a shot, now I'm not sure. I'll have to see how the elbow feels, probably a day to day thing.

Question: anyone have suggestions on what order to do the lifts in? I know we have a week but I'm thinking it would make sense to make the last lift the one that would negatively affect the other lifts and vice versa.

Chris

I personally would do something like this:

one hand deadlift

grippers

plate pinch

v-bar

But regardless, definitely do v-bar last. The things it'll do to your hands...

Grippers, pinch, vbar

Thats my usual order of events when doing a meeting with grip buddies.

Yesterday, we included even bending as 2nd event and I got a new PR in the vbar at the very end.

I hope to may participate, I'm at a comp in the swiss on feb 5th, but since theres still one week left for the deadline, that should be ok.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the input.

Elbow permitting I'm gonna give it a go, my numbers aren't going to impress anyone but all I'm trying to do is set some PRs with the help of the motivation I'm getting from the 'Bash.

Chris

I've been actually training the events for this one. Things are going pretty well except for the grippers. I just can't get into the grippers right now. I've gotten the backs of my hands messed up from tearing up carpet at work and the grippers hurt like the devil. We'll see how it goes come contest time. Good Luck to all!

• 2 weeks later...
we don't have a 1 inch V-bar at the gym i train at. but they do have an 2 1/2 inch V-bar i have been using. is this ok???

By all means, yes, compete. Because the thicker bar would only serve to make the lift more difficult, you may use it.

cubanbee and myself are in for sure! plus we have turned on about 6-7 others at the gym we train at to join the " board ". there in as well. should we send photos with results??

cubanbee and myself are in for sure! plus we have turned on about 6-7 others at the gym we train at to join the " board ". there in as well.  should we send photos with results??

Pictures aren't required. It's strictly based on the honor system. And that's great about you recruiting new members!

I don't know how most of you set up your events but I see there has been some discussion already. I'm going to try it two ways this time. First I'll do all the events in the same session - allowing a moderate rest between events. Then I'm going to rest a couple days and try one event each day and see if fatique played any role in my performance the first time thru. Not much of an experiment I know but we'll see how it goes. I'll post my results.

Best of luck to you at this contest. I got really sick this weekend and have not been able to get to the gym to finish my lifts. Hope you all break PR's.

-Jedd-